Is this true??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got this e-mail today...

Hi Simon --

New "undercover" Speed Cameras which were introduced a few weeks ago on the A12 are going 'live' on Monday!

We have had a tip-off from the BTST Locator update team that small 'specs' cameras have been sited both north and south of the Blackwall tunnel on the A12 in London.

The cameras have been sited in a deliberate speeding hotspot (because the limit reduces to 30 very suddenly without any advance warning) and the fine has been raised from the usual £60, to £100 per offence.

But here is the really unusual thing...

They have NOT installed signs warning drivers of this speed trap.

Why?

Because they are NOT be going to be hitting drivers with a licence endorsement as you would usually expect...

... They are just going to take our hard-earned cash instead!

This is just the latest case of blatant profiteering from the countries "safety camera" partnerships.

Our information tells us that these new cameras are going 'live' from Monday (12th February).

The speed limit for the tunnel is 30 mph northbound and 40 mph southbound.

If you already own a BTST Locator, then I strongly suggest you update it NOW before the cameras go live.

If not, then you can grab your own Locator at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All the best,

Dan Strauss, MD
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Links
Well, only a matter of time that it reaches up this way, think i'll go back to my old way, a lot cheaper,even with the fines.

The A12's in London . . . . Simon, you live in Manchester . . . something wrong with their marketing strategy i think . . .

:rolleyes:

Oh, and as an aside, here's another bunch of pessimistic fools, this time they're using it to sell a product.

Sponsored Links
Just stick to the speed limits and there aint no problem. Only idiots speed and kill the innocent in the process.

Tim 77 said:
Watch out for the specs on the M1 through the road works around Sheffield.
You what? There are no roadworks on the M1 around Sheffield, not even on the Tinsley Viaduct, which makes a change. And I travelled down from J36 to the M18 sunday night, and didnt see any cameras.

We have them for 2 1/2 years around 10 -8 on the m1. (north and south) 40mph speed limit (lucky if you can go that fast though)

Crafty said:
Tim 77 said:
Watch out for the specs on the M1 through the road works around Sheffield.
You what? There are no roadworks on the M1 around Sheffield, not even on the Tinsley Viaduct, which makes a change. And I travelled down from J36 to the M18 sunday night, and didnt see any cameras.

The cameras have been up for a month or so now, the average speed check sort. They were there early today on my monthly visit to Leeds and Manchester, they're just before Sheffield if you're coming from the south.

Sponsored Links
Back