who gets the 3 points

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my son is taking driving lessons and it got me thinking ( dangerous i know ) if he got his feet mixed up and accelerated to 36mph as he was approaching a 30 mph speed camera and it flashed who would be responsible and get the fine/points the instructor or my speedy son :?:

Sponsored Links
not tough, well it is for the son, since he was driving, its always the driver that gets the points.

They will contact the owner (driving instructor) and ask who was driving the car at the time

breezer said:
not tough, well it is for the son, since he was driving, its always the driver that gets the points.

They will contact the owner (driving instructor) and ask who was driving the car at the time

ok but isnt he under instruction from the instructor who has dual control ?

Sponsored Links
my thoughts for what its worth :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

any one can set up as a driving instructor so that parts irelivent

now if you have "L" plates and have not passed your test and your alone you will get clobberd ;)

the fact theres somone beside you wont absolve you from the responsibility as that person wont have a clear veiw off the speedo

depends on the car, but the instructor was not driving though, yes he was instructiong, but he never said go 36 did he?

he probably said slow down, expecting driver to slow down, he will slow down down, he will, FLASH , FLASH oh dear.

What is the situation with pool cars, when the driver at the time may not be known?

the driver is always knownwith a pool car (if not he soon will be)

Eddie M said:
What is the situation with pool cars, when the driver at the time may not be known?

It is the responsibility of the owner/leaseholder to know who is driving their vehicles.

If they cannot (or will not) provide details of who was driving then they will be prosecuted (for some mickey mouse offence) and fined heavily. Just like the football club & the player who was flashed +100mph in a club pool car.

surely they can't hold the learner driver responsible, being as how he can't drive which is why he's learning, I mean if he run's someone over and goes to court he just tells the judge ''sorry judge but I can't drive yet'' just like the judge can't say to him ''you've been bad go off and get some driving lessons''

so following on from your thinking what happens if he runs ito another car, is that the instructers fault?

Well, I would have thought that until he's passed his test he's the responsibility of the instructor, but hell! what do I know we don't even have car's here. :confused:

In a dual control car, the instructor will take control if the driver is doing anything wrong (ie. speeding) I was never allowed to speed in the dual control car. The instructor would always hold the clutch down if i tried :LOL: with me giving it loads of revs and cursing at him :LOL:

So ultimately, I would say its the instructor's responsibility to keep the car's speed down in a DC car, but it is the driver's fault if he is speeding. I dont know, its a tough one.

People who think they can get away with speeding in pool cars etc want a bullet through their right foot. :evil:

I'd say the instructor, if the learner went through a red light or got flashed for speeding, it would indicate that the level of driving they were at wasnt sufficient for the conditions in which they got flashed. If they are unable to control the vehicle well enough to maintain a set speed then surely they shouldnt be driving on a public road (ok we dont have set areas like other coutries but the local trading estate usually does the trick) All to often in my area I see learners doing about 10mph down the busiest road at 10 past 5 after being picked up from work by the instructor - of course we all have to learn, but surely the instructor should be able to determine wether or not the learner is able to cope with certain conditions.

Sponsored Links
Back