A question to the pro Europeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've already said, this works both ways ...

What % of the British population do you think would like us to become separated from Europe in terms of freedom of movement i.e. we cannot go and live/work in France/Spain/Portugal/Italy etc etc?

Well?

MW

They can apply for work permits. If it suits the home nation they can grant them, if not - then they won't.

We have a shrinking economy, we are heading for recession. Brits are being forced out of work.

EEs are taking their jobs by working for a minimum wage that the Brit with mortgage and family cannot take.

You live in a different world down in Devon.

Sponsored Links
Megawatt wrote

These things only exist as a result of segmentation of the World.

But the world will always be segmented. You have lazy people who want something for nothing and people with fine work ethics like British people and Irish people who work damned hard to secure what they have.

What do you make of this............. ?
More than 250,000 UK passports could be handed out to foreigners every year under new proposals.

The Government wants all migrants settling here to become full British citizens

I was born in the ROI therefore I am Irish by nationality. I have worked and lived in NI for the past 20 years diligently paying my taxes , yet when I apply for a British passpost I am refused.

What gives these foreign people a greater right to a British passport than myself ?.

Forget all the tired old rhetoric ... Do you have a long list of phrases to copy and paste? :rolleyes:

Simply answer the question ...

What % of the British population do you think would like us to become separated from Europe in terms of freedom of movement i.e. we cannot go and live/work in France/Spain/Portugal/Italy etc etc?

This is what you are proposing if we are to go it alone and close our borders and, if you think you've a scooby's of getting anyone on your side with this, you are more loopy than I thought.

Just take a look at the % of ex-pats who occupy all of the countries I mentioned above + others such as the Canaries etc.

You can't do one without the other.

Norcon: I am not talking about any right of citizenship I am referring to our rights to go and live/work in another country in the EU and their citizen's reciprocal rights to come and live/work here.

BTW, I did say it was a wish ... Go and look up the word utopia.

MW

Forget all the tired old rhetoric ... Do you have a long list of phrases to copy and paste? :rolleyes:

Simply answer the question ...

This is what you are proposing if we are to go it alone and close our borders and, if you think you've a scooby's of getting anyone on your side with this, you are more loopy than I thought.

Just take a look at the % of ex-pats who occupy all of the countries I mentioned above + others such as the Canaries etc.

You can't do one without the other.

Norcon: I am not talking about any right of citizenship I am referring to our rights to go and live/work in another country in the EU and their citizen's reciprocal rights to come and live/work here.

BTW, I did say it was a wish ... Go and look up the word utopia.

MW

No I'm just a fast typist.

Why don't you ask the British population?

Brits that settle abroad take money with them - they don't drain the state.

We would have the Aussie points system.

Do you have a problem with that?

Sponsored Links
Megawatt wrote

I am not talking about any right of citizenship I am referring to our rights to go and live/work in another country in the EU and their citizen's reciprocal rights to come and live/work here.

Why would anyone want to go and work in banana republics like Romania or Bulgaria ?
Would you leave your Devon nest to go and live there ?.
In any case because of restrictions in most EU countries, a high proportion of impoverished workers are likely to come here fast tracked through the politically correct system.
Is this what you want ?.
Why do you think most EU countries have restrictions on these people entering their country ?

Mega. One for you:

There are 12 million gypsies forced to live in sub-human conditions throughout Europe. As a true pro European you must be happy for them to migrate to the UK so we can house them and feed them and give them medical care and education and benefits etc. Is that your stance on the itinerant gypsy issue?

You are the archetypical English tourist ... Wherever you go you expect everyone to speak English and sell fish and chips.

You want to apply restrictions on European's coming to live and work in Britain but have no restrictions on British people living and working in Europe.

I've news for you ... You can't have both.

And the British people will not give up the latter easily so learn to live with it.

MW

Mega. One for you:

There are 12 million gypsies forced to live in sub-human conditions throughout Europe. As a true pro European you must be happy for them to migrate to the UK so we can house them and feed them and give them medical care and education and benefits etc. Is that your stance on the itinerant gypsy issue?

A question for you mega.

Five years ago a group of travellers (around 50) asked if they could stay for a few weeks in our lower paddock and I, of course, agreed on the proviso that they left it as they found it.

Not only did they do so but they mended a number of dry stone walls and fixed several styles/gates as a thank you.

They have been coming back every year since and if any of your 12 million are anything like these I'd sooner have them here than many of your so-called worthy British citizens who bleed the benefits system dry.

There is good and bad in every group of people.

MW

You want to apply restrictions on European's coming to live and work in Britain but have no restrictions on British people living and working in Europe.

MW

Yes. We give them work permits when we need them. They can visit as tourists whenever they like. If they have the funds they can live here.

Where's the problem?

Megawatt wrote

You want to apply restrictions on European's coming to live and work in Britain

Yes. Inline with policies that other EU countries already have in place.

but have no restrictions on British people living and working in Europe

Of course there should be restrictions. The UK has its fair share of useless vagrants who should never be let loose on any society.

Five years ago a group of travellers (around 50) asked if they could stay for a few weeks in our lower paddock and I, of course, agreed on the proviso that they left it as they found it.

Not only did they do so but they mended a number of dry stone walls and fixed several styles/gates as a thank you.

They have been coming back every year since and if any of your 12 million are anything like these I'd sooner have them here than many of your so-called worthy British citizens who bleed the benefits system dry.

There is good and bad in every group of people.

MW

We are talking about beggars. You've no-doubt met them in Rome. Are you happy that they all come over here?

Norcon wrote

Why do you think most EU countries have restrictions on these people entering their country ?

Another question for you mega. ;)

Yes. We give them work permits when we need them. They can visit as tourists whenever they like. If they have the funds they can live here.
And the same restrictions apply to us living and working in Europe?

MW

And the same restrictions apply to us living and working in Europe?

MW

Yes. I've never paid into the Spanish system by taxation - why should the Spanish people house me and keep me and give me free health care? Are they crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back