A touchy subject?

Perhaps we shouldn't make a big thing out of this, i mean it was a small island, a few years ago the Royal Navy managed to ram New Zealand with a cruiser or frigate & N.Z. is not exactly what you would deem a small island. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Nah but yeah but nah but you know that one moves like yeah

Actualy thinking about it your right, N.Z. is a very volatile island, always having earthquakes & slideing about so it probably wasn't the captains fault at all, the island was to blame for slideing into the path of the ship!! :(

Sponsored Links
A couple of you seem to be blaming the eyeties for this accident, implying that they're a bunch of clowns and whatever. But this was a state of the art ship with a supposedly well trained crew on a route it ran very frequently. I don't know what happened, maybe they are a bunch of clowns, or maybe it was a mechanical failure. We don't even know how many people died yet though, so it seems a bit early for a "taking the pizz" thread. :rolleyes:

Lets look at some facts.
Big 400 mil ship, Italian Company. Italian crew. Italian waters.
Slight link there.
As for fault, no one knows yet.
Certainly nobody has directly indicated where the fault can be attributed to.

Damn even mentioning the news now is incorrect.

Did we not mention one of our warships did what could be determined as a similar thing as it stands at the moment.

A couple of you seem to be blaming the eyeties for this accident, implying that they're a bunch of clowns and whatever. But this was a state of the art ship with a supposedly well trained crew on a route it ran very frequently. I don't know what happened, maybe they are a bunch of clowns, or maybe it was a mechanical failure. We don't even know how many people died yet though, so it seems a bit early for a "taking the pizz" thread. :rolleyes:

I did say "A Touchy Subject" however point taken sooey, & to redeem myself i shall logout & go to bed, (nowt to do with a 6am start in the morning.)

Lets look at some facts.
Big 400 mil ship, Italian Company. Italian crew. Italian waters.
Slight link there.
As for fault, no one knows yet.
Certainly nobody has directly indicated where the fault can be attributed to.

Damn even mentioning the news now is incorrect.

Did we not mention one of our warships did what could be determined as a similar thing as it stands at the moment.

It was probably one of these sat navs to blame, the same ones that sends artics down narrow country lanes & get stuck & have to get a sky hook out to rescue them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hmmm Having worked with an Italian engineer in the middle east who would cut large lumps of RSJ with a nine inch grinder whilst wearing flip flops (With obvious results....TWICE!) and built and attached a satellite dish so large that a stiff breeze removed a large section of the roof from the Italian Embassy and forced all staff to drive Fiats in a country where the temperatures would reach 45 centigrade in the shade

Hmmm Having worked with an Italian engineer in the middle east

Don't you just love some people's logic? :rolleyes:.

Yes indeed, after he returned from hospital from his incident with a large lump of RSJ and unprotected feet, he then stubbed the same foot on an RSJ that was sitting on the ground... Logic and a few calculations would have told him what would have happened to the Embassy roof and anyone with half a brain could have told you why Italian cars are hopeless in tropical climates.... I just had to love his logic

By the way Kipper, if you really want a logical conversation, then it would be logical to keep away from the internet. It is full of folk who are as drunk ans monkeys, are on drugs or just couldn't care less.. Missing you already xx

Well since i posted this thread things have moved on, the captain was arrested, the untrained ships crew pushing punters aside & so on.

Were you tuned into Jeremy wotsisname on radio bbc2 this morning?
It seems all those jokes about Italian tanks having 15 reverse gears is actually founded on fact, also one thing that makes me still feel proud to be Brittish is the fact we care for our children & women & put them first in times of peril, that guy that threw the non ticket holder off the train in Scotland, i'll put money on the fact that he would have assisted others before looking after his own a$$.

Referring back to the OP question:

Chuck Norris, obviously.

Even if by some mirracle, Chuck got into trouble...

The rocks wouldn't have made a hole in Chuck Norris' boat,
Chuck Norris' boat would have made a hole the rocks.

According to a taped R/T between him and the rescue coastgurd he was in one of the lifeboats and he would not go back onboard the ship.
But it does open up the question of equal rights for women, should they be treated differently? if they want equallity rough it out with the blokes.

According to a taped R/T between him and the rescue coastgurd he was in one of the lifeboats and he would not go back onboard the ship
But it does open up the question of equal rights for women, should they be treated differently? if they want equallity rough it out with the blokes.

My hero. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So lets say that your daughter, wife, mother or grandmother needed assistence somehow, somewhere, would you not be grateful if a night in shining armour was there to help.

Snake Plissken from "Escape From New York"- he managed to land a glider on the top of the World Trade Centre, or the pilot of the plane that hit the Pentagon on 9/11....both totally unreal feats of flying, literally..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back