A touchy subject?

Snake Plissken from "Escape From New York"- he managed to land a glider on the top of the World Trade Centre, or the pilot of the plane that hit the Pentagon on 9/11....both totally unreal feats of flying, literally..... :LOL:

The first time i saw that film was in Germany, it was called "klappen schlange" probably spelt wrong, i've been back here 30yrs, translated "rattlesnake" (remember his tattoo)

Sponsored Links
Snake Plissken from "Escape From New York"- he managed to land a glider on the top of the World Trade Centre, or the pilot of the plane that hit the Pentagon on 9/11....both totally unreal feats of flying, literally..... :LOL:

Hang on a mo! where's the conection, do you mean unreal feats of piloting? As in smashing a dirty great big boat into an island? Ha i'm surprised al quieda haven't thought of it earlier. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just seen it on the news. The captain says he " Fell into a lifeboat and couldn't get out". OK then , we will believe you!

Sponsored Links
If you were jetting off somewhere say, who would you like to be captain of your aircraft if something were to go wrong. A cool calm Brit? ice cold technical German or a hot blooded hand waving Italian?

I think if the Titanic had had a different crew there would possibly have been fewer survivors.

Part of Titanics problem was the fact the crew , or most of the crew WERE Brits ! Captain Smith who was on his last voyage before retiring wanted to make an impression by trying to beat the fastest crossing time Bruce Ismay , a White star man through and through , on having being told that there was a fire in one of the coal bunkers BEFORE she left Ireland bound for NY insisted she still had to sail. Despite numerous warnings of pack ice , she still maintained her speed , the lookouts did not have binoculars , and the Marconi radio officers were to busy sending personal messages to Cape Race to take notice of the continued ice warnings. Added to this recipe for disaster , there were not enough lifeboats on board due to her being 'unsinkable' and they would not be needed. History tells us what happened that night.................and through the sheer arrogance of the Brits ignoring all warnings and advice , although they didn't directly cause it , they certainly didn't help the situation.

It was also built of inferior steel....... in Belfast!

If you were jetting off somewhere say, who would you like to be captain of your aircraft if something were to go wrong. A cool calm Brit? ice cold technical German or a hot blooded hand waving Italian?

I think if the Titanic had had a different crew there would possibly have been fewer survivors.

Part of Titanics problem was the fact the crew , or most of the crew WERE Brits ! Captain Smith who was on his last voyage before retiring wanted to make an impression by trying to beat the fastest crossing time Bruce Ismay , a White star man through and through , on having being told that there was a fire in one of the coal bunkers BEFORE she left Ireland bound for NY insisted she still had to sail. Despite numerous warnings of pack ice , she still maintained her speed , the lookouts did not have binoculars , and the Marconi radio officers were to busy sending personal messages to Cape Race to take notice of the continued ice warnings. Added to this recipe for disaster , there were not enough lifeboats on board due to her being 'unsinkable' and they would not be needed. History tells us what happened that night.................and through the sheer arrogance of the Brits ignoring all warnings and advice , although they didn't directly cause it , they certainly didn't help the situation.

The point being what exactly?

The point being what exactly?

She may not have sunk, if she'd been built to spec, unlikely, but possible.

It was the rivets on the titanic - not the steel plate.

Just found this in an article which states that the hull steel had a high sulfur content, which contributed to the failure.
The Hull Steel. The first hint that brittle fracture of the hull steel contributed to the Titanic disaster came following the recovery of a piece of the hull steel from the Titanic wreck. After cleaning the piece of steel, the scientists noted the condition of the edges. Jagged and sharp, the edges of the piece of steel appeared almost shattered, like broken china. Also, the metal showed no evidence bending or deformation. Typical high-quality ship steel is more ductile and deforms rather than breaks [Gannon, 1995].

I thought she was made from Iron not steel?. There are conspiracy theorists out there who say it wasn't the Titanic that sank , but her sistership the Olympic in an insurance scam , but I digress. Apparently the rivets popped as she hit the iceberg and didn't suffer a massive gash in her side as a result. History as a hablit of doing that: it teaches us one thing only to change years down the line.

The above is what i said last Saturday, i was trying to be a bit PC, i think now i can say what i was thinking last week before all the details started coming out, the captain is a coward, and the Philipino cleaning staff, they went from cabin to cabin as they had been trained assisting passengers & collecting life jackets, when they finally got to their muster stations Captain Coward had allready jumped ship, i personally think this guy deserves the death penalty.

Sponsored Links
Back