A year of Keir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly pulling up trees is he.
Labour are polling at 32%(ipsosmori) the same figure as the last car crash election.
Personally, I don’t think he’s got the personality to ever win back seats in Scotland or convince the “traditional” labour voter.

Sponsored Links
Full of promise, fine speaker, more mainstream, ran rings around BoJo... Then is all went, pftttt! Shame, I'm not a leftie per se, but I do believe weak opposition is poor government. Still way more cred than Corby tho'.

He comes across to me as being very intelligent and quick witted.

Last edited by a moderator:
he hasn't seemed to have tried to make political capital

Give it time, as soon as everyone is vaccinated he'll Don the boxing gloves and go to town, bojo and co have made it easy for him this past year, if he doesn't capitalise on it, then he's a fool and should resign.... There all the same, just the left are sneaky doing it, they are the best at deflection.

To add, I think he's a twist, and labour have lost there way and become too left leaning. I hoped Keir will bring the party back to being centralist, Keir is more towards that but he needs to get rid of the far left idiots from the party till he can achieve that. At the moment he is having to compromise to the leftists within his party.

The majority of the country Is centre right leaning, which is why labour have performed so badly, if they were more central, they would have performed much better.

Sponsored Links
The majority of the country Is centre right leaning, which is why labour have performed so badly, if they were more central, they would have performed much better.
Agreed sxturbo! The UK as a whole has always been at heart natural conservatives - Jeremy Corbyn and the Corbynistas do have relevance that is more important now than ever before. That "Corbynista" thinking is only going to grow over time - his central principles are going to gain traction - if you ask me and this is "not" a UK only phenomenon it's a world wide reaction to globalisation and technology

Give it time, as soon as everyone is vaccinated he'll Don the boxing gloves and go to town, bojo and co have made it easy for him this past year, if he doesn't capitalise on it, then he's a fool and should resign.... There all the same, just the left are sneaky doing it, they are the best at deflection.

To add, I think he's a twist, and labour have lost there way and become too left leaning. I hoped Keir will bring the party back to being centralist, Keir is more towards that but he needs to get rid of the far left idiots from the party till he can achieve that. At the moment he is having to compromise to the leftists within his party.

I was genuinely concerned when Kier was elected after the first dozen or so Prime Ministers Questions sessions I was even more concerned, and then it all fell apart for Kier, no direction, no clear policies and to add to his woes the loony left are making a comeback.

As much as I admire Boris, and make no mistake, I do admire the man, he's achieved a lot, any Government needs a strong opposition to keep them on their toes and moving in the right direction.
The Tories are doing well, despite there being no opposition whatsoever

Not exactly pulling up trees is he.
Labour are polling at 32%(ipsosmori) the same figure as the last car crash election.
Personally, I don’t think he’s got the personality to ever win back seats in Scotland or convince the “traditional” labour voter.

In times of national emergency, the government in power always get support, look at any war.

Currently vaccine rollout have saved this govts arris. Johnson has been indecisive and weak as a leader, flip flopping around going into each lockdown late.

Sadly people in the industrial regions voted for Brexit to be worse off, only personal suffering will make them change their minds.

I agree Kier Starmer is not a charismatic leader and in fact Labour aren't a strong party at the moment, they have a rather mixed bunch of MPs.....very few potential stars. Mind you this Tory govt has a cabinet stuffed with incompetent people.

Labour won't win in 2024

Long may Kier stay! Although his personal approval rating was plus 33% when he took office. He has somehow managed to turn that into minus 9% now.
With the government messing up royally on so many things, that takes some doing!

Long may Kier stay! Although his personal approval rating was plus 33% when he took office. He has somehow managed to turn that into minus 9% now.
With the government messing up royally on so many things, that takes some doing!
I didn't know it was that low!

Kier is just biden his time. He'll hand Bozza and the Tories enough rope when he needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back