After Germany we pay most in to the Eu

The New Zealand model might be worth looking at. Largely public funded with some insurance to cover non-urgent surgeries.

Sponsored Links
I see the UK ranks 10th for healthy lives......whatever that means!

Interesting that the US system is by far the most expensive, with the lowest rankings..........best we dont adopt that, eh :eek:

ranking-11-best-international-healthcare-countries-800x600.png

Perhaps better directed to Jonbey, who reckons that we should emulate the EU model, as "really know how to run the place!"

Sponsored Links
I was referring to the link you shared that supported a European model in favour of the UK one!

And I was referring to your posted opinion(y)

Or, do you now think that the EU do not know how to run their healthcare systems?

Interesting that the US system is by far the most expensive
Its a hoax, fake news made up by CNN and NYT. In fact US health care is the most incredible best ever health care on the planet. Those nasty people at CNN and NYT are conducting a witch hunt.

I see the UK ranks 10th for healthy lives......whatever that means!
Too many slobs with unhealthy lifestyles.
But the NHS is there for them anyway...

The US model is only there for those who can afford it.
Which if implemented here would mean said slobs would suffer the consequences...

The NHS also takes better care of the general elderly population than the septics.

All of which means quitters should seriously reconsider the path that they want the UK to take!

Interesting that the US system is by far the most expensive, with the lowest rankings..........

Everybody in the US benefits from the high cost of healthcare. The hospital owners, the doctors, the pharmacists, the manufacturers of equipment, the drug vendors, the insurance companies, the senators who are bankrolled to maintan the status quo...

Nobody wants to change it.

It's good for everybody.

Except the citizens.

Can anybody guess what the most common cause of personal bankruptcy in the US is?
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/11/this-is-the-real-reason-most-americans-file-for-bankruptcy.html

Can anybody guess the total number of bankruptcies, per year, caused by heathcare costs, in the whole of Europe?

And I was referring to your posted opinion(y)

Or, do you now think that the EU do not know how to run their healthcare systems?

Except, that was not my opinion. I was just pointing out the irony that one of the great British institutions, the NHS, might have to turn to a European style of funding as a result of the chaos caused by Brexit, by the people who keep tell us that European government / management is such a bad thing and we must be out of it. I only made this comment because of the link you shared.

As for do I know if the EU know how to run the healthcare system? I honestly haven't a bloody clue, never given it any thought, and i am not qualified to assess it either, so a daft question.

What I do know is that you don't need a money tree to fund the NHS, you just need to tax the rich more and not blow billions on daft private partnerships that are designed solely to line the pockets of the politicians and their pals. The suggestion that increasing tax won't work is just daft - the money will either come from tax or insurance, either way, people spend more. The disadvantage to the people of insurance is that it is a business that must make money to survive, and increase profits yearly to raise its stock market value, and this means putting money before people.

Perhaps Britain could have a nationally run insurance system where the premiums were linked to people's income and any profits would result in lowered premiums.

Better than normal crap British management would also be an advantage.

That sounds a lot like the current system!

So much money is currently wasted with outsourcing maintenance, cleaning, cooking etc to private companies. Rather than pay some people to be cleaners, everything is outsourced, the taxpayer is being fleeced. Cleaners that used to get a good wage and a pension now forced to work for private companies that give them minimum wage and nothing else.

Oh, and the service is worst.

Insurance policies won't fix this.

Except, that was not my opinion.

Apologies, but this sure looked like one.

Funny really, to think that after leaving the EU we might convert our NHS to a European system... maybe those Europeans really do know how to run the place!

As for do I know if the EU know how to run the healthcare system? I honestly haven't a bloody clue, never given it any thought, and i am not qualified to assess it either, so a daft question.

Not such a daft question, given......
....... maybe those Europeans really do know how to run the place!

o much money is currently wasted with outsourcing maintenance, cleaning, cooking etc to private companies.

I see councils are starting to insource services and reduce costs.

PF analysis finds examples of councils that have made considerable savings by bringing services back inhouse.

East Riding of Yorkshire Council is one of the councils that put a figure on how much insourcing had saved it.

The local authority has reduced costs by £2m since 2013 after bringing back inhouse services like staff training, occupational health, payroll, IT and print and design. The council did not respond to questions from PF on why it made these decisions.

Derby City Council has also saved more than £1m in the past two years after bringing highways maintenance – a contract previously held by Carillion – back under council control. David Kinsey, head of highways, says: “We were confident we could run things more efficiently.”
https://www.publicfinance.co.uk/feature/2019/02/coming-home-local-government-insourcing

Sponsored Links
Back