Amnesty for illegal immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
jbonding said:
and one was about planes or somethin :LOL:
Which one?

your right BAS i must of been seeing things i think i saw the word mathematican and thought it was that crackpot post about a plane taking off, i do apologise :LOL: But i still dont see where an amnesty for illegal immigrants has been discussed.

Sponsored Links
It's OK BAS. We can all see that you are afraid to debate the subject with me.

It's clear for all to see.

BTW, you are the ONLY poster in here that advocates an 'open border' policy.

Why is that?

joe

I think Joe is a sophisticated form of web bot that eventually starts its program again from the beginning and will just repeat itself for ever and ever in cyberspace

pickles said:
I think Joe is a sophisticated form of web bot that eventually starts its program again from the beginning and will just repeat itself for ever and ever in cyberspace

Maybe you would like to debate the issue?

Are you in favour of an amnesty? If so - why?

If not - why not?

MOD 2

pack it in or i will kick yours

joe

ban-all-sheds said:
jbonding said:
Just point out the bit about an amnesty :LOL:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326606#326606
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326783#326783
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=327017#327017
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=327136#327136
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=327534#327534
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=327774#327774
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=328206#328206
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=328346#328346
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=328353#328353
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=328483#328483
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=328625#328625

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=339974#339974
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=339980#339980
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=340033#340033[/QUOTE]

Here the first one i looked at ;

---------------------------

The Home Office estimate that there are between 310,000 and 570,000 illegal immigrants in the UK.

Deporting them would cost £4.7 billion, and leave acute shortages of cleaners, care workers and hotel staff.

If allowed to live and work legally, they would pay more than £1 billion in tax each year.

£1 billion + £4.7 billion saved by not deporting would pay for 300 new schools, or 12 district hospitals or 200,000 new nurses.

Nearly 50% of foreign-born immigrants leave Britain within 5 years. Immigrants are much more likely to stay for short periods, or to circulate between home and host countries if they are able to get back in.

Remittances home from immigrant workers provide a very effective form of poverty relief in 3rd world countries.

Migrants fill 90% of low-paid jobs in London, and account for 29% of the capital's work force.

Legal migrants comprise 8.7% of the population, but contribute 10.2% of all taxes.

Each immigrant pays an average of £7,203 in tax compared with £6,861 for non-migrant workers.

There were 25,715 people claiming asylum last year - if allowed to work they would generate £123M in tax revenues.

In 2005, Spain completed a large-scale regularisation programme, and the government estimates that it increased revenue by €750 million in 2005, and is set to add a further €1,350 million in 2006.

-----------------------------------------------

are you telling me most care workers,cleaners and hotel staff are mainly illegal imigrants?

Quote "If allowed to live and work legally, they would pay more than £1 billion in tax each year."
and have to leave the care workers and hotel industry :eek:
Quote "£1 billion + £4.7 billion saved by not deporting would pay for 300 new schools, or 12 district hospitals or 200,000 new nurses." I think you mean could ;)
Quote "Nearly 50% of foreign-born immigrants leave Britain within 5 years. Immigrants are much more likely to stay for short periods, or to circulate between home and host countries if they are able to get back in." interesting fact :eek:

I still dont see where weve debated an amnesty. Lets just say OK the ones that are here can stay what do you suggest we do with any other illegal immigrants decide to visit after the amnesty but dont want to go back, then we are back to square one. Do you think there is a problem in this country with illegal immigrants :?:

joe-90 said:
pickles said:

Maybe you would like to debate the issue?

Are you in favour of an amnesty? If so - why?

If not - why not?

BAS won't answer as he knows

joe

How do you know BAS has a fat arse it may be slim and perfectly toned.

MOD 2

calm gentlemen please ;)

I take it from your replies that no-one is in favour of an amnesty (apart from BAS who wants the borders thrown wide-open).

joe

joe-90 said:
I take it from your replies that no-one is in favour of an amnesty (apart from BAS who wants the borders thrown wide-open).

joe

Did you read jbondings's post, he puts forward a good case for an amnesty. I am in favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back