Amnesty for illegal immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Softus said:
joe-90 said:
It's OK BAS. We can all see that you are afraid to debate the subject with me.
No we can't.

joe-90 said:
It's clear for all to see.
No it isn't.

joe-90 said:
BTW, you are the ONLY poster in here that advocates an 'open border' policy.
No he isn't.

Softus. Insead of splitting up the replies endlessly - why don't you write a piece about what YOU think? Then BAS can do the same. BAS can come out from behind the sofa and debate the subject with me. I guess that neither of you are willing to say what you think. I wonder why that is?

joe

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
joe-90 said:
I take it from your replies that no-one is in favour of an amnesty (apart from BAS who wants the borders thrown wide-open).

joe

Did you read jbondings's post, he puts forward a good case for an amnesty. I am in favour.

I'm wondering if you read it - it doesn't seem to me that he is in favour.

joe

Let me make it easier for those of you that agree with a policy that looks like it's been dreamed up by a Guardian journalist: Namely that an amnesty is a good idea.

The real problem with it is that it is built on the false premise that an employer would employ an employee who is currently illegal legally. He wouldn't.

Unscrupulous empoyers use illegal labour because they can pay them peanuts. If they were made legal they would come under UK employment laws and the following would apply:

Minimum wage.

Sick pay.

Holidays.

Don't you see? The once attractive ideal of employing the 'dirt cheap' illegal labour is removed.

What would this mean in the real world?

The now legal immigrants would earn more claiming benefits that they earned working illegally.

The unscrupullous employer would then simply employ the next wave of illegal labour.

All that would be achieved would be even more immigrants claiming benefits.

Great idea eh?

Let's go with that shall we?

joe

joe-90 said:
Yes?

joe-90 said:
Do you mean "Instead"?

joe-90 said:
of splitting up
Splitting up what now?

joe-90 said:
the replies
Oh those.

joe-90 said:
endlessly
Endlessly? Really? Oh well; I don't think it does any harm.

joe-90 said:
I wonder why that is?
I wonder where your wondering will lead. In the meantime I have more important stuff to do. After all, raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens don't just remember themselves... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
In other words Softus has admitted that I am right and he is wrong.

Nothing new there then.

joe

It's OK BAS. We can all see that you are afraid to debate the subject with me.

joe

...bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens...

I don't know - are you a brown paper package tied up with string?

Softus said:
I don't know - are you a brown paper package tied up with string?

Get back on to the doctor and tell him the tablets aren't working.

joe

What!? Back to that two-faced camel thief! I'm not going. I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't I won't.

Stand Up! For the Ingerland, Stand Up! For the Ingerland, Stand Up (etc.).

joe-90 said:
hermes said:
joe-90 said:
I take it from your replies that no-one is in favour of an amnesty (apart from BAS who wants the borders thrown wide-open).

joe

Did you read jbondings's post, he puts forward a good case for an amnesty. I am in favour.

joe

how did you come to this conclusion?

jbonding said:
joe-90 said:
hermes said:
joe-90 said:

joe

joe

how did you come to this conclusion?

Lets just say OK the ones that are here can stay what do you suggest we do with any other illegal immigrants decide to visit after the amnesty but dont want to go back, then we are back to square one. Do you think there is a problem in this country with illegal immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back