Amnesty for illegal immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all agree with this then? If not - why not? If you do agree - are you against an amnesty?

"Let me make it easier for those of you that agree with a policy that looks like it's been dreamed up by a Guardian journalist: Namely that an amnesty is a good idea.

The real problem with it is that it is built on the false premise that an employer would employ an employee who is currently illegal legally. He wouldn't.

Unscrupulous empoyers use illegal labour because they can pay them peanuts. If they were made legal they would come under UK employment laws and the following would apply:

Minimum wage.

Sick pay.

Holidays.

Don't you see? The once attractive ideal of employing the 'dirt cheap' illegal labour is removed.

What would this mean in the real world?

The now legal immigrants would earn more claiming benefits that they earned working illegally.

The unscrupullous employer would then simply employ the next wave of illegal labour.

All that would be achieved would be even more immigrants claiming benefits.

Great idea eh?

Let's go with that shall we?"

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Do you think there is a problem in this country with illegal immigrants

Yes, I think that they are exploited and underpaid and not sufficiently integrated into society to make any kind of a valuable contribution.

joe-90 said:
jbonding said:
joe-90 said:
hermes said:
joe-90 said:
I take it from your replies that no-one is in favour of an amnesty (apart from BAS who wants the borders thrown wide-open).

joe

Did you read jbondings's post, he puts forward a good case for an amnesty. I am in favour.

I'm wondering if you read it - it doesn't seem to me that he is in favour.

joe

how did you come to this conclusion?

Lets just say OK the ones that are here can stay what do you suggest we do with any other illegal immigrants decide to visit after the amnesty but dont want to go back, then we are back to square one. Do you think there is a problem in this country with illegal immigrants

was it this?

Sponsored Links
It's OK BAS. We can all see that you are afraid to debate the subject with me.

jbonding said:
joe-90 said:
jbonding said:
joe-90 said:
hermes said:
joe-90 said:
I take it from your replies that no-one is in favour of an amnesty (apart from BAS who wants the borders thrown wide-open).

joe

Did you read jbondings's post, he puts forward a good case for an amnesty. I am in favour.

I'm wondering if you read it - it doesn't seem to me that he is in favour.

joe

how did you come to this conclusion?

Lets just say OK the ones that are here can stay what do you suggest we do with any other illegal immigrants decide to visit after the amnesty but dont want to go back, then we are back to square one. Do you think there is a problem in this country with illegal immigrants

was it this?

Yes. I've explained above why it is a bad idea, what are your thoughts on what I wrote?

joe

hermes said:
joe-90 said:
Do you think there is a problem in this country with illegal immigrants

Yes, I think that they are exploited and underpaid and not sufficiently integrated into society to make any kind of a valuable contribution.

And when you take that exploitation away they are of no use to the unscrupulous employer - so he'll employ the next wave of illegals. An amnesty solves no purpose other than inflating benefit numbers.

joe

joe-90 said:

I think he is afraid to debate this topic with you, i think he knows your views are right on this subject, but he doesn't what to give you the satisfaction of knowing your right.

He would rather say black was white than agree with you. :LOL: ;)

Now now no need to get uppity... makes about as much difference as me pizzing in the Severn.

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:27 pm

366 of those arrived by accident, the rest need certifying !

:) :)

joe-90 said:
Do you all agree with this then? If not - why not? If you do agree - are you against an amnesty?

"Let me make it easier for those of you that agree with a policy that looks like it's been dreamed up by a Guardian journalist: Namely that an amnesty is a good idea.

The real problem with it is that it is built on the false premise that an employer would employ an employee who is currently illegal legally. He wouldn't.

Unscrupulous empoyers use illegal labour because they can pay them peanuts. If they were made legal they would come under UK employment laws and the following would apply:

Minimum wage.

Sick pay.

Holidays.

Don't you see? The once attractive ideal of employing the 'dirt cheap' illegal labour is removed.

What would this mean in the real world?

The now legal immigrants would earn more claiming benefits that they earned working illegally.

The unscrupullous employer would then simply employ the next wave of illegal labour.

All that would be achieved would be even more immigrants claiming benefits.

Great idea eh?

Let's go with that shall we?"

joe

joe its true this will happen, there are people who take advantage of illegal immigrants but if they werent illegal anymore do you think they will work in the same sweat shop or move and get a real job with real money, or do like some of the English and jump on the dole and ride the boat. Somethings got to be done instead of worrying about what MIGHT happen. I call an amnesty today for all illegal immigrants (Not criminals) to turn up at the town hall to get there passports stamped ;) Them that dont turn up over the 2 week period miss the boat and have to leave no excuses, how does that sound. Its not an official document yet so id rather you never nit picked :LOL:

If illegals become legal then there will be no work for them. The unscrupulous employer only wants to employ those that will work for peanuts with no holiday or sick pay. The illegal workers will simply claim housing benefit, job seekers allowance and then work the black market for peanuts.

How many Brits do you know that do that? Claim benefits for years and work 'cash in hand' for beer and fag money.

Well that's what the 'new legals' would do.

joe

joe-90 said:
If illegals become legal then there will be no work for them. The unscrupulous employer only wants to employ those that will work for peanuts with no holiday or sick pay. The illegal workers will simply claim housing benefit, job seekers allowance and then work the black market for peanuts.

How many Brits do you know that do that? Claim benefits for years and work 'cash in hand' for beer and fag money.

Well that's what the 'new legals' would do.

joe

no work for legal plasterers,doctors, cleaners, firemen,teachers, are you sure. the unscrupulous employer exists every where, you have to be this way to make money. If your caught working the black market and your claiming benefits you will be dealt with like everyone else.Some will claim benefits, some will work but the point is if you dont come in the 2 weeks for your passport stamped we will have a way of dealing with any late arrivals ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back