Another Brexit cost...

And, (in the event of a no deal Brexit), having to get an permit in addition to a driving licence that was previously ok in the EU is not a petty regulation?
Well you see that is what quitters just don't get...

The quitters chose to drag us out of the EU, but are blaming the EU for following the rules we agreed to!

Thus it is the UK that is imposing the ridiculous petty regulations, not the other way around :rolleyes:

Intelligent Europeans will still be able to use their licence in 27 countries, not 28.

Those from the UK will be able to use their licence in 1 country instead of 28...

You work out whether we (the 1) or they (the 27) will suffer the most!

Sponsored Links
Well you see that is what quitters just don't get...

The quitters chose to drag us out of the EU, but are blaming the EU for following the rules we agreed to!

Thus it is the UK that is imposing the ridiculous petty regulations, not the other way around :rolleyes:

Intelligent Europeans will still be able to use their licence in 27 countries, not 28.

Those from the UK will be able to use their licence in 1 country instead of 28...

You work out whether we (the 1) or they (the 27) will suffer the most!

Your post makes no sense.

Today, I can drive in say, France, without the need for an IDP.
Next April, I may need one, because the EU say so.

Pointless bureaucracy, and petty to boot.

To be more accurate, today you can drive throughout the EU with much less fuss and expense than in foreign countries in general, because the UK and the rest of the EU say so

If the UK chooses to resign from the EU without a similar deal, UK drivers will no longer have that privilege.

Like when you resign from the golf club and no longer have membership rights, remember?

Don't pretend that the EU is to blame for UK giving up membership rights.

I would say it will probably be very easy to come to an agreement whereby UK and EU licences continue to be accepted in both places just the same as is the arrangement now, thus keeping the quitters happy - BUT WAIT!

That's not what they wanted, IS IT?

Sponsored Links
IDP costs £5.50 but is not available from all Post Offices. But would your car insurance still be valid and would your travel insurance still be valid if you have a yearly multi trip policy lol

Costs of trading and travelling will go up with no requisite increase in services or value. Brexit cup doth runneth over.

Today, I can drive in say, France, without the need for an IDP.

Pointless bureaucracy, and petty to boot.
My post makes total sense...

It's just the case that some people can't understand that it is the UK that has decided to leave the EU and abandon/put at risk the joint agreements that have been set up over the years.

I really don't know why it is so hard to comprehend that.

But then I suppose it is mainly quitters that have a problem with comprehension - they're not exactly the sharpest tools in the box!

Brigadier will tell you the advantages of resigning, when and if he thinks of some.

Hasn't yet.

Brigadier will tell you the advantages of resigning, when and if he thinks of some.

Hasn't yet.

To put it another way, to help brig, and others.

We are jumping out of the agreed rules because we want to impose our own.

Does that make it easier for you?
Is it sensible? No! What advantage do we have from imposing our rules? But it has all been said before. And will need repeating again, and again, and again.

But it is what you wanted! Isn't it ?

Who cares I say . I do not drive abroad :cool: so it makes no difference to me ;)

many countrys out side the EU require a driving permit as well as your licence .

So u will require a permit . So what.

So, there are no benefits to resigning from the EU.

I'm sure if the idp had any worthwhile purpose, you'd have posted it.
It's what you do.
As you haven't, it hasn't.

if you can find anyone who advocates the IDP, you should ask them.

I'm sure if resigning from the EU had any benefit, you'd have posted it.

Sponsored Links
Back