Another Brexit cost...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Imposed by our own lot to take advantage of leaving!

Passport rules changed on monday...

There is now no carry over period (it was up to 9 months) to a new passport.
But those travelling to the EU/EEA from a non EU/EEA country require at least 6 months still valid on their passport.

Which means on renewal if travelling there, you will effectively only get a 9 and a half year passport at most.

Not a great amount individually, but quite a sum across the country.

Expect more convenient 'wheezes' to come.
Because that's the beauty of secondary legislation - no debate, no scrutiny!

Sponsored Links
Imposed by our own lot to take advantage of leaving!

Passport rules changed on monday...

There is now no carry over period (it was up to 9 months) to a new passport.
But those travelling to the EU/EEA from a non EU/EEA country require at least 6 months still valid on their passport.

Which means on renewal if travelling there, you will effectively only get a 9 and a half year passport at most.

Not a great amount individually, but quite a sum across the country.

Expect more convenient 'wheezes' to come.
Because that's the beauty of secondary legislation - no debate, no scrutiny!

Are you saying my next passport will last only 9 1/2 years, not 10 years.

Gosh thats gonna keep me awake at night for months.

That secondary legislation, isnt it wicked.

So if a passport costs £100, then 6 months worth is a fiver :cry:

Sponsored Links
yep tis all happening "The rabid quitters" are def' pushing this country over the "cliff edge"

As well as malnutrition (possible starvation ?) due to food shortages , thousands snuffing it due to medicine shortages , 50 mile (?) tail backs on motor ways resulting in en-masse road rage, a break down of law and order ect ect

The EU will not recognise a UK driving licence, possibly a pass port ???

Blimey it gets worse UK planes may well be grounded en-masse , those abroad may well not be able to get back to the UK :eek: and will be regarded as refugees . Best stay out of Hungary on the day is my advice ;)

The EU will not recognise a UK driving licence

And of course the UK can respond in kind and refuse to recognise eu driving licenses. Should help keep foreigners and foreign truckers out.
Roll on no deal.

Last edited:
And of course the UK can respond in kind and refuse to recognise eu driving licenses.
So who loses under that scenario?

Oh that's right, mainly ordinary people...

People who have made their lives in various European countries for many different reasons, or who simply want to enhance their life experiences instead of looking inward.

The thing quitters just don't seem to get is that the rest of the EU population will still have 27 countries to choose from.

I have a feeling that the general feeling will be...
Go to the UK with all their petty regulations?
Or go somewhere we are more welcome!

People who have made their lives in various European countries for many different reasons, or who simply want to enhance their life experiences instead of looking inward.

The thing quitters just don't seem to get is that the rest of the EU population will still have 27 countries to choose from.

So its OK for the eu to take such action which you gleefully support but if the UK responds with the same medicine you throw yer toys out of the pram.
Pretending you care for "ordinary people".
Sums you europhiles up nicely. Two faced bstards.

Last edited:

Eh?

And, (in the event of a no deal Brexit), having to get an permit in addition to a driving licence that was previously ok in the EU is not a petty regulation?

Sponsored Links
Back