Any cyclists in here?

Sponsored Links
I've recently started cycling the kids to school, and then me on to work.. have done so for the past 6 weeks.. absolutely loving it,

Marvellous.
More dangerous lunatics on our streets.
Teach lunacy and danger, that's what I say.

including the fuel savings. I have a decent GT mountain bike on which i have put some 20 yr old slick tyres.

Slick tyres ? Even better...... Much faster dangerous manoeuvres in front of decent road tax paying motorists.

Much faster dangerous manoeuvres in front of decent road tax paying motorists.
Which brings us onto what should clearly be the case:

1/. Road tax/mandatory insurance for cyclists
2/. Mandatory safety/hi vis clothes for cyclists
3/. Proficiency tests (highway code in particular) for cyclists

I'd also like all able bodied motorists to "be forced to" cycle on roads for 1 hour a month so that tey would remain aware of what is and isn't reasonable when driving near cyclists, an in particular that parkingon top of designated cyle lanes really is a no-no

I've recently started cycling the kids to school, and then me on to work.. have done so for the past 6 weeks.. absolutely loving it,

Marvellous.
More dangerous lunatics on our streets.
Teach lunacy and danger, that's what I say.

including the fuel savings. I have a decent GT mountain bike on which i have put some 20 yr old slick tyres.

Slick tyres ? Even better...... Much faster dangerous manoeuvres in front of decent road tax paying motorists.

Charming, you describe me and my kids as lunatics :evil: :evil: :evil: and then suggest we're not decent.... without reading what i posted....i.e. of the 2.5 miles we travel, we use the road up to the school for a mere 300metres....

you're a self centred, egotistical, misinformed moron in my opinion !! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links

I'd also like all able bodied motorists to "be forced to" cycle on roads for 1 hour a month so that tey would remain aware of what is and isn't reasonable when driving near cyclists, an in particular that parkingon top of designated cyle lanes really is a no-no

don't agree with much of this if i'm honest...

road tax?!!!! - lol no chance.
safety clothes - i choose to do that for me!!
proficiency tests? - more red tape.. but you might have a point here

as for motorists forced to cycle....? nonsence. If car drivers are so good they can deal with anything in the road from a cyclist to a tractor, or a horse or a tank or a bath.... i'm a driver and i know i'm good enough to do that .... obvioulsy some think the road is just for them !!

I had to do a mandatory proficiency test to cycle to school and that was almost 40 yrs ago. Then the motorbike and then car tests.

I do agree all should have to ride a push bike and a motorbike before driving a car. To give all round perspective.

anyone got any thoughts?

He did ask.

true, but you got personal and insulting... learn to respect others ffs !!

Nonsense you tart.
Read it back. Where did I say you and your children wern't decent.?????

tart eh? ;) interesting...
you read it back !! your inference was that all the drivers i would inmpact upon were decent, therefore i was not !!!

Argue the t0ss beany man, i'm sure you will.... but you lack respect for others :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If anyone's being insulting , it's you.

You asked for points of view. I gave mine.

I can't win. :rolleyes:

Yes indeed. Such a happy forum of late :LOL: :LOL:

Could do with some new people or some old posters re-posting on here now that trolling seems to be at a low.

Yes indeed. Such a happy forum of late :LOL: :LOL:

Could do with some new people or some old posters re-posting on here now that trolling seems to be at a low.

How does that work then??????
Am I now added to the list of trolls merely for having an opposing view...???

This forum will end up with just martian on his own.
Simply don't get it.

Sponsored Links
Back