Are there more dying than others

B

Bodd

I see on the news last night that more men are dying than women.

Could it be also that the indigenous people of our country are dying less than other ethnic groups. I say this as I see when names are given out of those who have sadly died.

Sponsored Links
For perfectly obvious reasons really but the media (and no doubt plenty on here) are as usual trying to turn it into something more...

I see on the news last night that more men are dying than women.

Could it be also that the indigenous people of our country are dying less than other ethnic groups. I say this as I see when names are given out of those who have sadly died.

Indigenous?

They are not releasing actual figures on the ethnicity of those dying (well looking at the ONS figures) so I assume you are confusing the deaths by frontline staff who are over represented by the BAME community. I believe 8 Drs have died and 5 nurses. Of those Drs I believe at least 6 are non white.

Sponsored Links
I've seen or heard nothing to back up what I say. It's just something I've noticed.

It's a scientific fact men work much harder than women so I guess it takes its toll on their resilience to viruses like this.

It's a scientific fact men work much harder than women so I guess it takes its toll on their resilience to viruses like this.
I'd read that men are more likely to smoke and drink and have unhealthy lifestyles - though they aren't actually certain as to why yet.

I've not been ill for nearly 2 years.... Where's before if there was anything going... I would get it.... Man flue..... Would knock me out.

In between these periods I got Lady flue. That's a mild sniffle and a sneeze. Nothing too hazzy

Maybe Coronavirus has a man flue and a milder lady flue.

Sponsored Links
Back