At last -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Clear but again not making sense. Why not a mask at the hairdressers, or the museum? I understand in enclosed spaces, but surely (other that eating and drinking) enclosed spaces should all be considered the same?

Clear but again not making sense. Why not a mask at the hairdressers, or the museum? I understand in enclosed spaces, but surely (other that eating and drinking) enclosed spaces should all be considered the same?
Exactly,

and shop-workers don't have to wear them ??? but it is "strongly recommended" that they do "where appropriate".

Exactly that - shop workers do not "have" to wear them but if they can its recommended they do.

While working it can be harder while wearing a mask, walking round a shop not so much.

It's not hard to understand what all this means, if you can wear a mask then do so when your in a place where other members of the public may also be.
Unlike a lot of people (especially those in the media) I do not have a problem understanding this.

Why not at the hairdressers? probably because the hairdresser needs access to your ears and your face to determine the best way to cut your hair so it looks best.
Museums have dead things in them already so anything more you do won't improve on that :)
If your fugly, wear a mask all the time. :) :)

Sponsored Links
Exactly that - shop workers do not "have" to wear them but if they can its recommended they do.
It doesn't say 'if they can'. It says - according to the BBC article:
"It is not compulsory for shop workers to wear face coverings but the government said it "strongly" recommended that employers consider their use where appropriate".
So, not compulsory. No shop-worker has to wear one - ever.

Plus:
"The government said it was the responsibility of individuals to wear one, although businesses are encouraged to take steps to encourage customers to follow the law, such as with signs."
Bus driver assaulted in Bournemouth today.

It's not hard to understand what all this means, if you can wear a mask then do so when your in a place where other members of the public may also be.
Again, not what it says:
"Coverings will be mandatory in enclosed public spaces including supermarkets, indoor shopping centres, transport hubs, banks and post offices."
but not all enclosed public places.
Except:
"Eat-in restaurants,
Pubs
Hairdressers and salons
Gyms and leisure centres
Cinemas, concert halls and theatres
Visitor attractions like museums"

"They must also be worn when buying takeaway food and drink, although they can be removed in a seating area."

Unlike a lot of people (especially those in the media) I do not have a problem understanding this.
You might understand the words - but surely not the logic or the contradictions.

I dont give a stuff what the logic or the guidance says.

It's simple - wear a mask if you can.
This applies to shop workers too.

While they do not HAVE to, they CAN if they want to.

I dont give a stuff what the logic or the guidance says.

It's simple - wear a mask if you can.
This applies to shop workers too.

While they do not HAVE to, they CAN if they want to.
So what do you base your conclusions on?

Makes me think...have you all a share in the facemask making industry.

Or gaffatape/maskin tape/prit stick/blue tack making industry?

Went to the pub today, there were masking tape lines drew in arrows showing me where the toilets were.
Awful waste of paper, there were already toilet signs put up at eye level or above.

If you walk into a shop carrying a blade you can be stopped and charged with carrying a lethal weapon.

If you walk into a shop breathing out lethal virus laden droplets ? ? ?

The mask reduces the risk of the wearer infecting and maybe causing the death of other people in the shop.

The mask is to help against the possibility of passing something on to others should you cough, sneeze or breathe out something nasty. If you are inside any shop and wouldn’t want that to happen to you, just wear a bloody mask so you don’t do it to others. Common courtesy it’s called. Of course, there are always going to be those anti whatever idiots out there that want to try to make a point about their freedom to infect others.

I really don’t see the problem that shopkeepers are talking about. Actually, it’s not the shopkeepers but TV presenters and interviewers who are pre-judging shopkeepers. How many times do you see signs on shop doors saying 'No eating or drinking on the premises' etc? Just put a sign up that says 'Masks must be worn on these premises' and do the same as you would if someone tries to come in eating a Big Whopper or drinking a McMilkshake. Most supermarkets have fat unhealthy security guards at the door anyway so make the lazy fat buggers uphold the store policy!

To me, it only seems to be TV presenters, opposition politicians and anti Brexers that don’t understand these common sense rules!

Curious that the visors that hairdressers wear (according to Mrs. B) just direct their breath directly down onto the mug of the client....bit of thought required there I think.
John :)

My understanding is that staff can be trusted to not attend work if they have any reason to think they may be infected. And it does seem this is happening. Hence the risk of being infected by a member of staff is very low.

The general public however are not so trustworthy (*) and thus the risk of infection from another member of the public is much higher than the risk of being infected from a member of store staff,

Some like those who refuse to wear masks are little more than arrogant stupid idiots who should set up a colony of mask-free living for themselves on a remote island,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back