BBQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from another thread, I take my BBQ pretty seriously and I "que" through out the year (new years eve) and was wondering if I was the only one, none of my friends can manage much more than the traditional british under cooked chicken and burnt sausages.

So my question is, who else is proud of their BBQ skills and what are your faverote dishes and do you have any good gadgets?

Sponsored Links
Sorry not a fan of BBQ'S. wouldn't even eat standard fare off one. 1st rule when invited to a BBQ. Eat well first.

Lamb, burgers and steak - yes.

Chicken and pork - not so much. Prefer these roasted in the oven.

Fish wrapped in foil - yes.

It can be a handy way to cook food provided the weather is ok. It means that you can have a well seared steak without the hassle of the stink and the smoke indoors. Same with fish and the pong.

I'm have similar thoughts though as Eddie in that I would not rush to someones house to eat BBQ food. Not my favourite way of eating stuff.

Ours does not get used between October and March.

We have a Weber* and it is portable enough to be used on camping trips and can easily cook bacon, eggs and sausage for 6 adults and four sprogs.
Cracking little BBQ.
1037_1_380.jpg

A whole chicken roasted on the bbq along with roast veg and grilled greens is amazing fayer.

I too own a weber but mine is a charcoal version.

What is it you guys don't like about bbq food?

Sponsored Links
It usually doesn't taste very nice! Plus all that faffing about balancing plates drinks, uncertain british weather, and for some reason I don't like eating outside.

It usually doesn't taste very nice! Plus all that faffing about balancing plates drinks, uncertain british weather, and for some reason I don't like eating outside.

You'll have to come to one of mine, no faff, big table piled with food and should the weather be typically british a gazebo and a bonfire if it gets cold.

And the flies and wasps!

You'll have to come to one of mine, no faff, big table piled with food and should the weather be typically british a gazebo and a bonfire if it gets cold.

What time do you want me over? :LOL:

Been through all the fancy gas and charcoal bbqs...

Have found that a home welded grill and cast iron plate over a firepit beats them hands down...

And a home smoker made out of cement chimney liners for lamb and fish!

We might have one or two barbecues in a summer, so I'm no expert.

What I don't understand, though, is the purpose of a gas barbecue. Cooking over charcoal, I understand, gives the food a smoked flavour, but I presume that gas cannot do that.

I've had some brilliant results following the techniques of StokedOnSmoke on youtube.Also planning to build my own smoker soon.

We might have one or two barbecues in a summer, so I'm no expert.

What I don't understand, though, is the purpose of a gas barbecue. Cooking over charcoal, I understand, gives the food a smoked flavour, but I presume that gas cannot do that.

Nah charcoal doesn't impart any smokiness, it the fat dripping onto hot surfaces that smokes itm both charcoal and gas BBQ's produce the same generally inedible food. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back