BG blag

namsag said:
Johnd ..What about your rads, pump ,motorised valves, cylinder and programmer.. flamingo`s are now over 24 years old so they maybe telling truth only way is to ask and hope you are being told the truth

Could be. I'm saving up for a Viessmann 100 Compact but won't jump until the old Pot's dead. The plumer will have to go on the other wall to avoid windows.

Sponsored Links
well said scottish gas man. there are lazy engineers around but BG has a certain way of dealign with things they wouldnt break something then just say tough luck we broke somthing

I may be wrong but I would imagine the original advise was along the lines of..." cylinder is covered for replacement under contract but due to the age / efficiency and parts availability of what you have it may be worth getting a quote for replacement"

Sponsored Links
i don't think lazy bg engineers is not a uncommon problem in bg, bg is a business i don't think they would give a toss ripping off people if they get away with it.

mehran said:
i don't think lazy bg engineers is not a uncommon problem in bg, bg is a business i don't think they would give a toss ripping off people if they get away with it.

that doesnt make a great deal of sense. if you are saying that lazy engineers are not uncommon in BG then i agree, there are plenty of them.

the average contract length is 7 years for various reasons. that means they also have to attract new customers, which they do. i dont think they would be doing that by having a rep for being a rip off. the only people who think BG are a rip off are misinformed independants and customers who dont read the terms and conditions.

fitz1 said:
Got a call today to go price a job. BG has been and drained his burst cyl and left him with heating only.They have told the customer the cyl and boiler are broken and the parts for his ideal elan(wich is obviously not broken)are obsolete, so he needs to get both replaced for the tidy sum of 2800 pounds.

if that actually is the proper story then he needs to get back on to BG. the cylinder is covered no matter what condition the boiler is in.

even if the boiler has obsolete parts and the customer wants a quote for a new boiler, the generally accepted way to deal what that is to offer a quotation and order and book the cylinder in for replacement a few days afterwards. that way if the customer wants a new combi no unneccesary work is done and if he just wants it repaired then everyone is happy.

nickso said:
mehran said:

that doesnt make a great deal of sense. if you are saying that lazy engineers are not uncommon in BG then i agree, there are plenty of them.

the average contract length is 7 years for various reasons. that means they also have to attract new customers, which they do. i dont think they would be doing that by having a rep for being a rip off. the only people who think BG are a rip off are misinformed independants and customers who dont read the terms and conditions.

Well if people are saying the reason BG engineer say is they cant get parts is because they are lazy, then it is good for Bg as in affect condemning the boiler...

BG has no problem Gouging as much money out of there customers then hanging them out to dry.

And nicko too say it does not happen is not true, I been to loads of ex-bg customers with the same story.

And why is it that any negative thing about BG you come out the wood work? do you work for Bg PR department or something?

mehran said:
nickso said:
mehran said:

Well if people are saying the reason BG engineer say is they cant get parts is because they are lazy, then it is good for Bg as in affect condemning the boiler...

what? do you speak english? do you think you could type a coherant sentence any time soon?

BG has no problem Gouging as much money out of there customers then hanging them out to dry.

what utter rubbish.

And nicko too say it does not happen is not true, I been to loads of ex-bg customers with the same story.

to say what doesnt happen? that BG customers get "hung out to dry"?, in the majority of cases i disagree.

And why is it that any negative thing about BG you come out the wood work? do you work for Bg PR department or something?

if there is anything negative about BG and its work then it fully derserves any repercussions because of it. i merely point out the inadequacies of arguments and statements from people such as yourself. you clearly havent done your homework and dont have clue what you are talking about, but you are quite happy to spout a load of nonsense about someones business. and i post on here almost everyday on subjects other than BG so i dont see how im "coming out of the woodwork".

how about i say that you have no idea about your job and in fact are not corgi registered and i heard that you are an illegal polish immigrant working illegally and you are dangerous to your customers and dont use that guy cos he is dodgy. dont know if any of that is true but ill say it anyway cos its my opinion and it must count if i say it loud enough and often enough :rolleyes:

sorry,I must admit what i typed was not very clear(was in a rush) but it does not lessen what i was meaning.
my view is formed from the what customer have told and the jobs they(bg) have done,
time after time i hear how they can't get a part for this or that when bg can. or trying to get out of something when it is in fact was covered.
nickso unless you are going to tell me all of them where lying and making things up, bg do rip some people off. i sure there are plenty of good people in bg.
now i have no donut from what you have said here and before on anything negative about bg that you disagree.

mehran said:

Perhaps he actually has the knowledge to offer the probable correct side of the story.

Makes me laugh when folks on here slag bg (or anyone) off for making a profit, much as you all like to be saviours of and martyrs to the cold and smelly in reality your trying to make a good living from a good profit the same as everyone else.

mehran said:
sorry,I must admit what i typed was not very clear(was in a rush) but it does not lessen what i was meaning.
my view is formed from the what customer have told and the jobs they(bg) have done,
time after time i hear how they can't get a part for this or that when bg can. or trying to get out of something when it is in fact was covered.
nickso unless you are going to tell me all of them where lying and making things up, bg do rip some people off. i sure there are plenty of good people in bg.
now i have no donut from what you have said here and before on anything negative about bg that you disagree.

no.

again you are reading between the lines.

your view may be made from customers experience but i take a lot of that with a pinch of salt. and it happens to me on a daily basis too. they all moan about previous BG guys and independants as well. i can just tell in most cases they are talking utter carp.

i am not saying and never will say that BG dont make mistakes and individual engineers and salespeople dont take advantage. they do. but the majority dont. thats where a lot of statements about BG fail on this forum. that big old tar brush gets wheeled out once a week.

i think there will be a big improvement when the new time measurements start next month. engineers will no longer be rewarded for not doing their job properly which is what the old system positively encouraged. if that means a lot of the poor engineers get the boot im all for it as they make my day worse too.

ive told you before, if BG deserve negative comment then im all for that too. in this case they do desrerve negative comment (see my post above on how they should have handled it). just dont expect me to sit and watch people on this forum make stuff up or rant on about issues they have not even the smallest knowledge of.

The trouble is some of the stories are true , most are embellished and a lot are down right lies. But it suits people on here to slag BG because they are in competition with them and joe public may believe them.

Ollski there is nothing wrong with any company making a profit but when a customer is paying £200 a year they should be getting what they paid for namely a first class service within the terms of that contract which they are not always getting be it pressure from management to get the sh#te of the patch, lazy guy, or money focused guy.. It ends up reflecting on all the decent guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back