BG blag

mehran said:
a high % of boiler i take out are none working. some choose that they want a new boiler or boiler i managed to keep going over winter till warmer months or more money is available.

no pressure selling, no fear tactics

edit:
god help me if i do turn in to tony...i hope i have a better sense of hummer.

that guy has a choice too.

Sponsored Links
but with out this forum it would of not been an informed choice. for the average punter, if bg tell you that you boiler is going to stop working any minute. how the hell are they to know that bg a talking bull or if you really can get a said part?

scare tactics

tony2.0

mehran said:
but with out this forum it would of not been an informed choice. for the average punter, if bg tell you that you boiler is going to stop working any minute. how the hell are they to know that bg a talking bull or if you really can get a said part?

scare tactics

tony2.0

if you were that worried about it you would get a second opinion. the OP's customer obviously has. if you were not worried about it you could get a new boiler....from anyone.....or you could take your chances.

you still dont know the full story but are still talking rubbish.

namsag said:
It is rare that BG cannot obtain any part that is avialable and has a team that spends a lot of time trying to locate obsolete parts from various suppliers. But some do slip through the net.

This is so untrue

BGs fave call is "The part's obsolete, you need a new boiler, and I need a holiday"

Sponsored Links
Raden you have made the mistake of thinking what cetain engineers say and not what BG parts department can actaully do. So my statement is perfectly true

It is trading standards who have said bg must inform the customer if the boiler is on a reduced parts list as they are on a repair and maintenance contract the customer must be made aware of the fact that the boiler may be unrepairable. As I said the manufacturers make the decision the parts are no longer supplied.
Quite often due to having the largest number of gas spare parts in the country in stock they have obscure spares still available long after many other suppliers have run out.

Its not just some of the bg engineers though is it?

I changed a apollo fanfare fan assy this week for an elderly couple who had been told by a local guy that it was obsolete and they needed not only a new boiler but a full system :eek:

A tosspot is a tosspot no matter who they work for.

jonseyrs said:
The only one talking rubbish is you nick"so", just like bg :LOL: :LOL:

yawn.

if im talking rubbish you will easily be able to refute all of my statements so far.

fire away :LOL:

apparently the BG engineer told him that the boiler had caused the tank to overheat and burst. :rolleyes:

nickso said:
[if you were that worried about it you would get a second opinion. the OP's customer obviously has. if you were not worried about it you could get a new boiler....from anyone.....or you could take your chances.

you still dont know the full story but are still talking rubbish.

I agree nick, I have been called out several times to customers who want a 2nd opinion after a locla BG employee who was not to your standard has told them they need a new boiler.

Worst one was when an old couple were told by the BG engineer at a yearly service that their back boiler could not be serviced anymore and would need replacing as it would not meet the new Part L regs coming in. :rolleyes:

I take my hat off to you for sticking with an organisation that seems to have more 'salesmen' than engineers like yourself:cool:

It's always difficult though to determine that what the customer thinks has been said was the same as what actually was said...if you see what I mean.

Then maybe some engineers should properly explain.I and others i know of in the trade dont seem to get this sort of problem.

fitz1 said:
Then maybe some engineers should properly explain.I and others i know of in the trade dont seem to get this sort of problem.

Mate I have at risked bbu boilers for undersized vents before, explained it was nothing to worry about but to get their builder friend to fit a proper vent. When I have gone the next year I get the whole story of how the last gas engineer sabotaged their system to try to sell them a new one they didn't want.....I know full well I didn't but I do quite enjoy how rubbish the engineer was last year and thorough I am this year even though I have done exactly the same if not slightly less :D

been to a job today where there was a leak, bg came out knocked a hole in the chimney then told him that the leak was not covered( as the pipe was not sleeved), them IM the back boiler(as now the chimney has a hole in it) and told him he needed a new boiler. they also told him that he had to change it anyway in a few years as you are not allowed to have back boiler anymore.

just one more example of the way bg works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back