BG blag

IF potterton don`t suppy the case seals then under corgi rules, they cannot use anything else ,so nothing to do with BG. Do you blame local car dealership if they cannot get a part for a car..

Dave nothing to be scared of doing desoots straight forward repair..

How come there is several people on here who always jump on the slag BG wagon but must find far worse done by independants and choose not to mention them .Why . is it because joe public may judge you the same way as you judge all BG engineers by the actions of the minority

Sponsored Links
nickso said:
mehran said:
i think the moral of the post is take everything bg tells you with a pinch of salt.

and dont use mehran cos hes an illegal polish immigrant and doesnt have his acs.

polish and proud of it, yes some people say you cant be polish if you where not born or even have parents that are polish but polish i am through and through.

my statement of:
i think the moral of the post is take everything bg tells you with a pinch of salt.

was mild, it was not "dont use bg" or "bg are evil"

it was bg can mislead

BBC Radio 11 said:
How about we create a Sticky - "Are BG good", someone answers "Often a bit dear, usually good, but it depends." and I'll lock the topic?
I thought that moderators had to undergo a sense of humour removal operation before being allowed to post? ;)

namsag said:
How come there is several people on here who always jump on the slag BG wagon but must find far worse done by independants and choose not to mention them .Why . is it because joe public may judge you the same way as you judge all BG engineers by the actions of the minority

because i don't see watchdog or rouge traders running after bad bg engineers or dishonest bg salesmen for some reason, it is easy to rubbish independent, and on this forum they offend do...

if bg do wrong then they need rubbishing, they are not above or better then independents. nickso will always defend bg, i don't blame him for it, if bg is his livelihood and carrier then obviously he will defend them.

Sponsored Links
my tuppence worth is that BG do THOUSANDS of jobs a year and we only ever hear the horror stories and there dont seem many of them (relativley)

Some good lads on BG and some bad ones, like everywhere really.

Softus said:
There's nothing necessarily "wrong" or "bad" with the approach of that BG engineer

Are you kidding?! He was trying to get me to agree to pay a deposit without even knowing the full cost of it yet!

Personally, I find it pretty tiresome that customers judge businesses according to their own criteria and personal agenda

I just wanted a new boiler! Is that the 'personal agenda'? And of course customers are going to judge businesses, good businesses will listen to them as that's where the money comes from!

The plain truth is that each business decides on its own terms of trading, and either you accept those terms or you go somewhere else.

Exactly what I did, as I previously wrote. The engineer that could be bothered to give me the time of day got the sale.

I don't think you should tar BG engineers with the same brush as BG sales people.

BG engineers are trained to a high level and the majority do a good job. As always bad news is good news.

BG sales are just that, anyone off the street, no training and just after their commission.

I have heard from local BG engineers that they often turn up to install a boiler or heating system that a salesperson has promised only to find it cannot be physically done.

From customers that I get after quoting against BG I am often told that the sales people get aggressive and are the 'won't leave until they get a signature' type of salesman, often staying 3 hours :eek:

To me this is summed up by your quote arriving without a visit from anyone.

As I always say I couldn't work for an organisation that treats its customers like this and blatantly drops its engineers in quite often.

Your problem shouldn't be worded as a general slight against all of BG just the sales dept. No I have no connections with BG either ;)

I totally agree with you. My comment wasn't meant to sound like a dig at BG engineers as I have never come into contact with any, so apologies to any out there if they thought it was.

My dig is specifically at the BG guy I spoke to. But also the big cheeses at the top who should be making sure their staff are trained properly and know what business ethics are.

It is very difficult to know what to do when you do not have an engineering background and come accross boiler problems for the first time. You have to put your trust in people you don't know and when you are talking a lot of money it is very worrying. :(

The purpose of my original comment was to put forward a factual, first hand experience of my dealings with two different businesses so other people, like myself, can learn from it. :)

MightyMousette said:
Softus said:
There's nothing necessarily "wrong" or "bad" with the approach of that BG engineer
Are you kidding?!
No.

He was trying to get me to agree to pay a deposit without even knowing the full cost of it yet!
But you're not stupid, therefore you didn't pay him, so what's the problem?

Personally, I find it pretty tiresome that customers judge businesses according to their own criteria and personal agenda
I just wanted a new boiler! Is that the 'personal agenda'?
No.

And of course customers are going to judge businesses, good businesses will listen to them as that's where the money comes from!
There you go again with the "good" thing. The only good businesses are those that makes money.

The plain truth is that each business decides on its own terms of trading, and either you accept those terms or you go somewhere else.
Exactly what I did, as I previously wrote.
Nope. You didn't. You came on this forum and whined about it.

mehran said:
namsag said:

because i don't see watchdog or rouge traders running after bad bg engineers or dishonest bg salesmen for some reason, it is easy to rubbish independent, and on this forum they offend do...

if bg do wrong then they need rubbishing, they are not above or better then independents. nickso will always defend bg, i don't blame him for it, if bg is his livelihood and carrier then obviously he will defend them.

jesus :rolleyes: it still isnt sinking in is it? im not defending them for the sake of it. im pointing out the inadequacies of your point of view......continually.

so your basic statement seems to be that because rogue traders rarely trash BG and regularly trash the independant you have to trash BG to make up some sort of invisible quota?

nickso said:
jesus :rolleyes: it still isnt sinking in is it? im not defending them for the sake of it. im pointing out the inadequacies of your point of view......continually.

ali peace be upon him :rolleyes: is it not sinking in that you are!!! it does not matter what anyone tells you, you say they are lying, bending the truth or it is just one bad apple.

if any negative thing about bg, out comes nickso to say they got it all wrong!!!

i am a bg engineer and i for one have been through a very tough training and the acs in my eyes was a piece of **** because my knowledge and training were second to none. it is true that sales people are sometimes the surveyors and get it totally wrong. you havnt heard me ever slag off independants and i never will we are all in the same trade if some people give higher quotes than others then so be it. you cant say bg rip offs because if the customer is happy with the quote then what can you do

chilli985 said:
i am a bg engineer and i for one have been through a very tough training and the acs in my eyes was a piece of p**s because my knowledge and training were second to none. it is true that sales people are sometimes the surveyors and get it totally wrong. you havnt heard me ever slag off independants and i never will we are all in the same trade if some people give higher quotes than others then so be it. you cant say bg rip offs because if the customer is happy with the quote then what can you do

fair point, i agree

mehran said:
nickso said:

ali peace be upon him :rolleyes: is it not sinking in that you are!!! it does not matter what anyone tells you, you say they are lying, bending the truth or it is just one bad apple.

if any negative thing about bg, out comes nickso to say they got it all wrong!!!

wrong again mehran.

in this thread (and many others) i have already admitted BG have got it wrong on several occasions. perhaps you had better read through again and acqaint yourself with the bits you dont like to read.

im not afraid to point out the stupid logic of people like you no matter what the subject. if it means i end up on BG's side so be it. in the next thread i may end up seeing your point of view.

alas, your point of view so far has been very thinly based on hearsay......i dont expect it to get any better. you have very little to say on any retort to any of your statements and seem only able to insist that i am one sided. you dont seem to want to provide any proof to any of your claims though. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back