BG insurance a waste of money says "Which?" magazi

• Thread starter Deleted member 105431
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Troll. I`ll tell Ben... you could be Elmer Fudd :eek: `` scwewy gas fitter` :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Stop it.........me ribs man............ :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Homeserve got a worse review than BG. That customer featured got stitched up by BG. Even if it was grav HW the only "upgrade" BG would normally have done would be to add a tapstat on return for a nominal fee. I wouldnt have paid if i wasnt told it wasnt covered on 1st inspection. A cylinder is hardly hard to spot :rolleyes:

Homeserve got a worse review than BG. That customer featured got stitched up by BG. Even if it was grav HW the only "upgrade" BG would normally have done would be to add a tapstat on return for a nominal fee. I wouldnt have paid if i wasnt told it wasnt covered on 1st inspection. A cylinder is hardly hard to spot :rolleyes:

To be fair WB are the only ones to come out with any credibilty. It does mention that BG cover is littered with exclusions and they do always insist on powerflushing and upgrades even when not reqd.

"Which?" also filmed 10 engineers recently one of which was a BG guy who didn't do the job properly and has been reported to Gas safe! :eek:

Only 1 that did a pukka job was a self employed rgi and he was the most expensive (but worth it imo).

To be fair WB are the only ones to come out with any credibilty. It does mention that BG cover is littered with exclusions and they do always insist on powerflushing and upgrades even when not reqd.

"Which?" also filmed 10 engineers recently one of which was a BG guy who didn't do the job properly and has been reported to Gas safe! :eek:

Only 1 that did a pukka job was a self employed rgi and he was the most expensive (but worth it imo).

Thing is wb won't touch one of their boilers if it the problem is dirt either, the only difference being they won't offer a solution but simply walk away from the job.
The guy who was charged for a cylinder change because it was too old is mistaken, there is no age limit in the t & c's

Look at the hw cyl open vent in the picture too! :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

more shoddy pipework from those who should know better. :rolleyes:

i would of thought joe brown could afford the upgrade he had a good career in the music biz, "Joe Brown and the bruvvers" his daughter Sam could sing to. :LOL:

why is it you ever only hear about BG when they get it wrong

nobody screams and wants to start slagging them when they get it right

and lets be fair they must get it right sometimes ;)

After all the hassle and its still installed incorrectly, although I wonder if he knows? I've never known BG not covering cylinders, the guys been had over for sure. Nice find DM ;)

why is it you ever only hear about BG when they get it wrong

nobody screams and wants to start slagging them when they get it right

and lets be fair they must get it right sometimes ;)

Your absolutely right. There's some good engineers in BG doing some good work, but the trouble is they're breeding incompetence. They focus more on sales than on quality work. In the time I spent there the quality of the work only went in one direction. Its not just BG its all of them, and some of the engineers working for Homeserve, EON etc are just as bad if not worse

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/insurance/article.html?in_article_id=490892&in_page_id=4&position=moretopstories

Homeserve don't fair much better but WB come out quite well.

Are you BG bashing again? Seriously dangertit, get a life they're here to stay and theres nothing that you can do about it.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/insurance/article.html?in_article_id=490892&in_page_id=4&position=moretopstories

Are you BG bashing again? Seriously dangertit, get a life they're here to stay and theres nothing that you can do about it.

I wondered when the brown nosers would crawl out of their bosses ar$e and post. :rolleyes:

didnt you know dontknownothingmouse has got OCD , he does the same thing again and again and again and then checks it again and again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back