Blood Clotting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A team in Oxford separate to the one that developed the COVID jab has found from studies that the risk of blood clots is 8 times higher in people that have had COVID than after AZ jab.

Sponsored Links
JohnD has already posted about this, but no matter.

It's all getting a bit out of hand now. OK, we've been informed that clotting is a rare complication of all covid 19 vaccines, but seemingly of a higher occurrence with AZ.

But then we've been informed that the clotting incidence is no more than would be seen normally

Then certain countries either suspend or terminate or restrict usage of the AZ vaccine.

All a bit of a topsy turvy mess.

Any link to the source? It'd be interesting to read more details.

I saw an article which said that the AZ caused blood clotting is very similar to Heparin induced clotting and there's a test that can confirm that's what's happening and an existing treatment regimen that can be used, which should help confirm how may cases it causes and reduce the impact of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...at-is-this-rare-syndrome-and-how-is-it-caused

Sponsored Links
Right, sort of -

but surely the relevant comparison should be between those who have had the vaccine and those who have had neither covid nor the vaccine.

I recall that Heparin is a anticlotting agent.
Yep, but apparently sometimes you get a wierd effect where after being given Heparin, the anticoagulant, your body starts spewing clotting factors into your blood, leading to potentially life threatening clots. Apparently it's the exact same factors causing the Heparin clotting and the AZ blood clots.

Which is very important as it means you must not use Heparin to deal with the clots.

I had AZ jab on Friday..... no chance of my blood clotting..... I do headstand most mornings and Cold shower every morning.

It gets the blood going ....... really it does

I heard that catching coronavirus increases the chances of blot clotting, so the vaccine is just mimicking that.

Risk of rare blood clotting higher for COVID-19 than for vaccines
https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-04-15-risk-rare-blood-clotting-higher-covid-19-vaccines

If you don't want to risk getting a blood clot, and have not yet caught coronavirus, a vaccine would reduce risk - unless you choose to never leave home again.

MMR also had blood clotting listed as a side effect, and people have not been dropping dead in their thousands from the vaccine.

Sponsored Links
Back