Blue Badge holders and Private Parking terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems perfectly logical to me, that the less able should be able to minimise their effort in getting into a store and that the spaces should be wider and better suited to people struggling to get in and out of their vehicles. Would you feel happier with the disabled spaces at the far end of the car park, so the able bodied can park outside the door?

In response to your other point - in bad weather a fit person can get into the shelter of a store much quicker than can many of the disabled. Many disabled can manage a short distance, but then need to rest before trying to progress. Would you like to be like that, but be forced to take your rest stops outside on maybe a wild weather day like today? Many of the larger stores also provide wheelchairs for the disabled, so your point about the isle inside being longer, is entirely spurious.
Seems logical to me,,,the less able should get more exercise,,then they will be more able

Sponsored Links
It's down to semantics. Self abuse is an old fashioned term for W**king. Self harm is a serious result of a mental health problem. I guess I do have a certain sense of humour, probably because I developed arthritis in my 30's and at one time had a Blue Badge. I gave it back when due to modern medication I was more able bodied. I recently had a new knee by the NHS, so I've no complaints with them. Ironically I need a stick because of a bike accident ( dead foot) which means I can fall over. Now't to do with arthritis. It's better for me to get a trolley at a supermarket car park and walk the length of the parking + inside, because a trolley is a good walking aid.
I find it bizarre that wheelchair users want to sail the Southern Ocean in a yacht,, go round Via Ferratas,,,trek up Everest,, be treated same as able bodied, but fek me, walk 10yards to B&Q front door and they are up in arms about it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found the easiest way to separate pallets was to lever a 2mm gap then cut the nail shanks with a recip or jigsaw between the planks and the blocks

sorry wrong post :D

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
its a real pity when when people are automatically classified as being "guilty " for having a blue badge rather just those who are guilty off actually abusing the badge:(
That's what happens when people like DP and Brigadier are allowed to post their poison.

That's what happens when people like DP and Brigadier are allowed to post their poison.

I can well imagine both would dearly love the privilege of actually possessing a BB and make full use of one, if awarded one.. I doubt any hate the misuse of BB's more than those who have one. The more there are using them illegally and I do believe it is rife, the less space there is for those with a right to use one and need to use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back