Blue Badge holders and Private Parking terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone who has a motorbility car, blue badge and more. Same woman has been to prison for fraud but retained the car.
Is that wrong?

Do you think that disabled people who commit a crime should be punished more severely than non-disabled people by having their means of mobility removed from them as well as going to prison?

She got the car before she even passed her test.
So what?

Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that she needed her vehicle before she could learn to drive and/or take a test in it?

What is your objection to her getting the car before she passed her test?

Can you show that nobody ever acquires a car before they've passed their test? Do you think she, or all disabled people, should be singled out for extra restrictions?

If any of you clever people would like to look her up message me.
To what end?

Sponsored Links
I know someone who has a motorbility car, blue badge and more. Same woman has been to prison for fraud but retained the car.

She got the car before she even passed her test.

If any of you clever people would like to look her up message me.
not sure why she would loose her car ?? as long as she keeps up with the payments its between her and the finance company or leasing company nothing to do with the courts

It does however have something to do with the DWP and they may stop the motability allowance if the car is not going to be used for a certain period.
The payments for the motability car stop after 28 days of being in prison.

page 4:
https://assets.publishing.service.g.../file/184961/pip-detailed-design-response.pdf

As for not having a license yet, she would have been allowed to learn to drive in here car.
https://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/can-i-learn-to-drive-in-my-motability-car

On a side note, I remember now that when I was 18 I had a blue badge myself, but I only had a motorbike - that occasionally got traffic wardens and police to look twice at it.
It was great for enabling me to park where others could not :)
It was perfectly legitimate, issued correctly then, I would not get it now though.

Sponsored Links
not sure why she would loose her car ?? as long as she keeps up with the payments its between her and the finance company or leasing company nothing to do with the courts

Is that wrong?

Do you think that disabled people who commit a crime should be punished more severely than non-disabled people by having their means of mobility removed from them as well as going to prison?

So what?

Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that she needed her vehicle before she could learn to drive and/or take a test in it?

What is your objection to her getting the car before she passed her test?

Can you show that nobody ever acquires a car before they've passed their test? Do you think she, or all disabled people, should be singled out for extra restrictions?

To what end?

She isn’t disabled. She’s a con artist.

3 questions, Ian.

1) What have you done about reporting her fraudulent BB status to the authorities?

2) Have you ever applied for a BB, either for yourself or on behalf of anybody else?

3) To what end would you have people PM you about her?

1. Nothing, I feel I would be wasting my time.

2. No, neither.

3. I never saw anything about her conviction in the local paper, I though a brainiac on here might find something or know why she wasn’t in the paper.

1) Or you fear you might be wrong.

2) Then you have no idea that no matter what any mouth-foaming, ignorant, cruel, and hate-filled ranters here might say, they do not hand them out like sweets.

3) Maybe because you're making all this up.

i fully agree if you are cheating or defrauding the system you deserve the full weigh off the law on your shoulders
we need to remember the assessors are paid by results rather actual situation so at my last check 60% off appeals are granted so even by the fairly draconian standards 60% are found valid claims
we also need to remember a blue badge can mean restricted ability meaning a person can appear fairly normal but may for example get breathless after say 25 foot as they enter there front door gasping for breath inside there house out off sight as they seek there personal oxygen supply
remember some will cheat the system and deserve to be punished but others wont admit they are struggling and would rather suffer than show any discomfort

3) Maybe because you're making all this up.

Jeez B-a-S, you were trying so hard to be pleasant to people. You've no evidence of anything.

@Ian H It tends not to make the press if its not news worthy, depending on the conviction and the sentence it becomes spent after a number of years and is subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act. This basically deletes the offence and makes it a crime to discriminate against her on the basis of her conviction.

If you don't think she is entitled to the benefits she gets, report her to the action line. Make sure you are clear about why.

And don't forget that not all disabilities are visible.
Back to the thread title then,

If a disability is not apparent, why should the person be entitled to hold a blue badge, and park in the disabled spaces?
The whole point of the spaces is to assist those of (materially) compromised mobility.

If someone can get about without it being apparent that they find it hard so to do, doesn't that negate the need to hold a BB?

Jeez B-a-S, you were trying so hard to be pleasant to people.

Was he? I don’t think he knows how.

This woman was arrested the day we were all going camping so we ended up taking her daughter with us. Her disability is a bad back, it’s not true, I know for a fact but she has been to the doctors and got her blue badge legitimately (except for the fake bad back).

After being arrested she was released and ended up doing 3 months at her majesty's pleasure. Apparently she had defrauded a vulnerable old lady of around £7000 but there was never anything in the paper and she claimed it was all wrong.

I myself was wrongly convicted (in my absence) of driving without insurance after failing to produce after a non fault car crash. I was in the paper. I appealed and went to court with the exact same evidence of being insured that the police had not accepted. The judge took one look, accepted it and refunded my £200 but not the £35 costs.

To any of our neighbours who don’t know, i’m the criminal and she isn’t.

Back to the thread title then,

If a disability is not apparent, why should the person be entitled to hold a blue badge, and park in the disabled spaces?
The whole point of the spaces is to assist those of (materially) compromised mobility.

If someone can get about without it being apparent that they find it hard so to do, doesn't that negate the need to hold a BB?

Not necessarily, the reason for the badge, might not be obvious to the casual observer. Heart issues, breathing issues - lots of other reasons, which is why they get a medical professional to assess them for need, rather than a traffic warden or a passer-by and have their photo on the BB.

Not necessarily, the reason for the badge, might not be obvious to the casual observer. Heart issues, breathing issues - lots of other reasons, which is why they get a medical professional to assess them for need, rather than a traffic warden or a passer-by and have their photo on the BB.
What difference is twenty yards then (difference between bb and able spaces?), when each aisle is more than that?

Like I said, not logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back