Blue Badge holders and Private Parking terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get sick and tired seeing able bodied people dropped off at a supermarket and the driver puts his/her badge in the windscreen and sits there in the marked bays.
I see the same, and feel the same, although it costs me nothing, as I have no BB, nor anyone else in the family.

But then I remember that not all disabilities are physically obvious. You don't know that the person being dropped off doesn't absolutely need that car and driver being close to the door and right where they know it is for reasons not including anything physical.

Ditto when, as I did recently, you see (in my case an MX5) a car with a BB and you think "I'd struggle to get in and out of one of those - how on earth can someone disabled manage it?"

Sponsored Links
conny: The badge was mine.

Dork, I'm not sure what you are saying.

I have CP caused by birth trauma and myriad other conditions, several of which conspire with the CP to make walking any distance very difficult. I have a mobility scooter and am eligible for a motability vehicle, but have not yet asked for one.

I am in constant pain even though I take painkillers 24/7. In all, I take in excess of 50 doses of meds every day.

Not that I crow about it, but I can tell you quite categorically that I do not abuse my badge.

As far as I am aware, everyone who has a BB is entitled to it. They don't come on the back of cornflakes packets.

However, I am aware that many people who don't have a BB use one where they should not.

As far as I am aware, everyone who has a BB is entitled to it. They don't come on the back of cornflakes packets.

They give them out like they're sweets. I'm more aware than most that a disability can be hidden, but they hand out the blue badges like they're sweets.

Not in my experience, but I appreciate that is limited.

Sponsored Links
Nor mine, being part way through applying for one for my Mum.

I suspect that Lard is just making stuff up again, to reinforce his bigotry. Or he's read it in some disgusting rag like the Daily Bile and naturally believes all the poison they pollute the country with.

They give them out like they're sweets. I'm more aware than most that a disability can be hidden, but they hand out the blue badges like they're sweets.

Actually, NO they are not! You have to attend a case assessment and a physical assessment, after filling in a long detailed application explaining why you need one, the details the disability, list the prescription drugs you are on and even confirm you have access to a vehicle to need a BB. Enquiries are also made of the medical professionals dealing with your issues. Then the badge has to be renewed every three years, where the same process has to be repeated.

The fact remains that mrs sparks hubby is a blue badge holder and mrs sparks has not been sent details of the terms of the contract she is alleged to have agreed to which are now being enforced. She therefore cannot know if the claim is valid or not and has every right to put the claimant to proof.

But Mrs Secure has already decided not to pursue her case on the basis of factors which are sound - she's hardly likely to pursue it on grounds which she would know were specious.

I see the same, and feel the same, although it costs me nothing, as I have no BB, nor anyone else in the family.

But then I remember that not all disabilities are physically obvious. You don't know that the person being dropped off doesn't absolutely need that car and driver being close to the door and right where they know it is for reasons not including anything physical.

Ditto when, as I did recently, you see (in my case an MX5) a car with a BB and you think "I'd struggle to get in and out of one of those - how on earth can someone disabled manage it?"
They need to be dropped within 1yard of the door,but will wander miles round the shop...Physical and mental disabilities seem to start and end at the front door of the shop.Of course BB are abused.Seem to entitle them to park in any dopy dangerous place too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parking near the entrance helps when you are carrying (or even pushing) your shopping. Or if you are in a wheelchair.
As for parking, the rules are relaxed.

But, guess what? It doesn't matter who you represent in society, you will find selfishness across the board and people who think the rules don't apply to them.

There's a difference between parking as allowed by the BB rules and parking wherever TF you like.

Just because you think it may be selfish does not necessarily mean it is not within the BB parking rules.

Please give examples of what you think are selfish and stupid places for BBH's to park.

There's a difference between parking as allowed by the BB rules and parking wherever TF you like.

Just because you think it may be selfish does not necessarily mean it is not within the BB parking rules.

Please give examples of what you think are selfish and stupid places for BBH's to park.
Yellow lines at junctions,,traffic lights,,,all over,,,as for shopping,they lug it all round b and q but cannot walk a yard outside..Mental disabilities,,,depession etc,,do not affect your legs,,,walk will do them good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back