Blue Badge holders and Private Parking terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAICT, you get a BB for restricted mobility.

These people may also have depression etc, but that won't be the reason they were given a BB.

Sponsored Links
AFAICT, you get a BB for restricted mobility.

These people may also have depression etc, but that won't be the reason they were given a BB.
No...im sure they can dream up some physical disabilities from sitting on the couch all day every day

But then I remember that not all disabilities are physically obvious. You don't know that the person being dropped off doesn't absolutely need that car and driver being close to the door and right where they know it is for reasons not including anything physical.
So you can get bb for things other than physical disabilities.

The common exemption for BB holders is on yellow lines (usually as long as there are no loading restrictions, ie yellow marks on the kerb)

The following is an excerpt from the BB parking rules:

The Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. Like other road users, you must obey the rules of the road, as laid out in the Highway Code. Here is a list of places where you must not park.

Places where a ban on loading or unloading is in force, as indicated above by kerb markings. You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has, exceptionally, chosen to allow Blue Badge holders to park where there are loading restrictions.

Parking places reserved for specific users such as resident’s bays or loading bays. You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has chosen to exempt Blue Badge holders from these restrictions.

Pedestrian crossings (zebra, pelican, toucan and puffin crossings), including areas marked by zig-zag lines.

Clearways (no stopping).

A bus stop clearway during its hours of operation.

An urban clearway within its hours of operation. You may pick up or drop off passengers. All parking is forbidden.

School ‘keep clear’ markings during the hours shown on a yellow no-stopping plate.

Bus, tram or cycle lanes or cycle tracks. Badge holders are not entitled to drive in bus lanes during their hours of operation.

Where there are double white lines in the centre of the road, even if one of the lines is broken.

Suspended meter bays or when use of the meter is not allowed.

Where temporary parking restrictions are in force, as shown for example by no-waiting cones.

13. Safe and responsible parking
The Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. If you park where it would cause an obstruction or danger to other road users you could be fined or receive a Penalty Charge Notice or have your vehicle removed.

Do not park where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users. Examples of dangerous or obstructive parking include the following, although there are others:

• school entrances, bus stops, on a bend, or near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
  • parking opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
  • where it would make the road narrow, such as by a traffic island or roadworks
  • where it would hold up traffic, such as in narrow stretches of road or blocking vehicle entrances
  • where emergency vehicles stop or go in and out, such as hospital entrances
  • where the kerb has been lowered or the road raised to help wheelchair users
  • on a pavement, unless signs permit it
If you do not drive yourself, you should share the information in this guidance with the person who will be carrying you as a passenger.

You cannot legally be wheelclamped on the public highway (‘on-street’) for parking offences, provided you correctly display a valid Blue Badge according to the rules of the scheme.

Parking in forbidden areas or where it would endanger or obstruct other road users is an offence, which could result in you receiving a parking fine. You could also be prosecuted, have your car towed away and the badge withdrawn.

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone who holds a blue badge legitimately should have to justify their use of it. A reasonable society should make adjustments for people who need them, even if that is inconvenient for others.

But should we have to make adjustments to our moral standards and just sit around saying SFA when scum-sucking deplorables write stuff like this:
They give them out like they're sweets. I'm more aware than most that a disability can be hidden, but they hand out the blue badges like they're sweets.
They need to be dropped within 1yard of the door,but will wander miles round the shop...Physical and mental disabilities seem to start and end at the front door of the shop.Of course BB are abused.Seem to entitle them to park in any dopy dangerous place too.
No kidding...Which disability turns you into an utter selfish idiot parking in stupid places..They really should not be on the roads.
No...im sure they can dream up some physical disabilities from sitting on the couch all day every day

This site is run by people who have no sense of right and wrong.

The common exemption for BB holders is on yellow lines (usually as long as there are no loading restrictions, ie yellow marks on the kerb)

The following is an excerpt from the BB parking rules:

The Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. Like other road users, you must obey the rules of the road, as laid out in the Highway Code. Here is a list of places where you must not park.

Places where a ban on loading or unloading is in force, as indicated above by kerb markings. You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has, exceptionally, chosen to allow Blue Badge holders to park where there are loading restrictions.

Parking places reserved for specific users such as resident’s bays or loading bays. You may wish to check whether a particular local authority has chosen to exempt Blue Badge holders from these restrictions.

Pedestrian crossings (zebra, pelican, toucan and puffin crossings), including areas marked by zig-zag lines.

Clearways (no stopping).

A bus stop clearway during its hours of operation.

An urban clearway within its hours of operation. You may pick up or drop off passengers. All parking is forbidden.

School ‘keep clear’ markings during the hours shown on a yellow no-stopping plate.

Bus, tram or cycle lanes or cycle tracks. Badge holders are not entitled to drive in bus lanes during their hours of operation.

Where there are double white lines in the centre of the road, even if one of the lines is broken.

Suspended meter bays or when use of the meter is not allowed.

Where temporary parking restrictions are in force, as shown for example by no-waiting cones.

13. Safe and responsible parking
The Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. If you park where it would cause an obstruction or danger to other road users you could be fined or receive a Penalty Charge Notice or have your vehicle removed.

Do not park where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users. Examples of dangerous or obstructive parking include the following, although there are others:

• school entrances, bus stops, on a bend, or near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
  • parking opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
  • where it would make the road narrow, such as by a traffic island or roadworks
  • where it would hold up traffic, such as in narrow stretches of road or blocking vehicle entrances
  • where emergency vehicles stop or go in and out, such as hospital entrances
  • where the kerb has been lowered or the road raised to help wheelchair users
  • on a pavement, unless signs permit it
If you do not drive yourself, you should share the information in this guidance with the person who will be carrying you as a passenger.

You cannot legally be wheelclamped on the public highway (‘on-street’) for parking offences, provided you correctly display a valid Blue Badge according to the rules of the scheme.

Parking in forbidden areas or where it would endanger or obstruct other road users is an offence, which could result in you receiving a parking fine. You could also be prosecuted, have your car towed away and the badge withdrawn.
They take no notice.

You can.

Maybe you should apply for one - perhaps having nothing but a pool of stinking pus between your ears might qualify you.
Rofl....having bad day then,,,Mr Sunshine."stinking pus between my ears"... Holy smacherroly.

But should we have to make adjustments to our moral standards and just sit around saying SFA when scum-sucking deplorables write stuff like this:

This site is run by people who have no sense of right and wrong.
The truth always hurts.

Tow away a BB holder,,,yeah,,good luck with that.

You can.

Maybe you should apply for one - perhaps having nothing but a pool of stinking pus between your ears might qualify you.
Using your logic shedzy,,one would be mentally ill,,and you are committing hate crime calling me names!..

My partner, before she passed away, needed one because she had some very serious health issues. She didn't have car, could not drive - so I provided the car and drove. I was then myself fairly fit and able and the BB was never misused and only used with considerable consideration for others, even if that might cause problems for others - I would drop, drive off and wait for a mobile call to recollect.

During that time, those many years - I was challenged several times by parking attendants, checking that the BB wasn't being misused by me for my own ease of parking. I'm keen on misuse being clamped down on, so always thanked those checking that the BB was not being abused.

I now have health issues of my own - I can walk at speed a short distance, but my range without constant rest, is severally limited so I applied for one and to my surprise I was awarded one just a few weeks ago. So anyone watching me jump out of my car would assume I was misusing the BB. I mostly make use of public transport when I can and just struggle, but have also used the BB several times where public transport is not available or still leaves me too far away to walk.

What really gets my goat, is perfectly able people with no entitlement to a BB borrowing BB's to park, plus those who use the wider disabled space at retail premises simply because they have a larger vehicle, but no BB. A certain manager of a certain local pub, used to always park his car in one of the two disabled spaces because it was handy for the door, yet there were a hundred other spaces in the car park. I wrote I letter of complaint to the pub chain, pointing out how few spaces they had marked for disabled use and complained about the manager's misuse of the disabled space. The manager was reprimanded and the pub soon revised the number of disabled spaces and their size to modern standards.

My partner, before she passed away, needed one because she had some very serious health issues. She didn't have car, could not drive - so I provided the car and drove. I was then myself fairly fit and able and the BB was never misused and only used with considerable consideration for others, even if that might cause problems for others - I would drop, drive off and wait for a mobile call to recollect.

During that time, those many years - I was challenged several times by parking attendants, checking that the BB wasn't being misused by me for my own ease of parking. I'm keen on misuse being clamped down on, so always thanked those checking that the BB was not being abused.

I now have health issues of my own - I can walk at speed a short distance, but my range without constant rest, is severally limited so I applied for one and to my surprise I was awarded one just a few weeks ago. So anyone watching me jump out of my car would assume I was misusing the BB. I mostly make use of public transport when I can and just struggle, but have also used the BB several times where public transport is not available or still leaves me too far away to walk.

What really gets my goat, is perfectly able people with no entitlement to a BB borrowing BB's to park, plus those who use the wider disabled space at retail premises simply because they have a larger vehicle, but no BB. A certain manager of a certain local pub, used to always park his car in one of the two disabled spaces because it was handy for the door, yet there were a hundred other spaces in the car park. I wrote I letter of complaint to the pub chain, pointing out how few spaces they had marked for disabled use and complained about the manager's misuse of the disabled space. The manager was reprimanded and the pub soon revised the number of disabled spaces and their size to modern standards.
Indeed,,,people abuse every scheme,, unless of course your name is Sheds and you live in cloud cuckoo land and thinks i am having a go at genuine bb holders.

What you have to consider is you see some able bodied person park up and then sprint across the road, having deposited the blue badge with no appreciation that they may be going the collect the disabled person who needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back