Blue Badge holders and Private Parking terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have to consider is you see some able bodied person park up and then sprint across the road, having deposited the blue badge with no appreciation that they may be going the collect the disabled person who needs it.
Sure,,all that happens,,and some abuse it.

Sponsored Links
There are a heck of a lot of people that abuse the blue badge.
I have one over the road from me right now, he parks his estate car blocking half the pavement with his BB in the window - so his son can get whitegoods in/out easier there is usually a washer in the back) that he repairs. This scenario is replicated all over the country in various forms.

Then there are those that are genuinely in need of one that park very ignorantly and contrary to the rules that they should follow.
i.e. I see the same BB cars every weekend, parking on the zig-zags of a zebra crossing that happens to have the pub right next to it.
This is actually for the guy thats stood behind the mic singing all evening. Others are very close too, right on the corners to side roads etc.
All for an evening in the pub.
Sounds like abusing the scheme to me.

Then there are those genuine people that need them, that need the spaces right next to the place that they are visiting - but due to someone abusing the scheme - they cannot park there.

Such is life, no matter what the scheme is - there are always those that will abuse it.
Heck, if my daughter or MIL actually got one Im sure there would be times when I'd be tempted to use it myself.

Sponsored Links
Sure, why not? I can fake a limp.
Everyone else is abusing them so why not join them?

(Of course, I'm only kidding.) :)

Anyone that uses a BB when not entitled to can be prosecuted. Anyone entitled to use a BB can be prosecuted and lose the badge if they knowingly allow someone else to use it, even another disabled person. The badge is for the owners use only and must be used according to the rules and regulations.
If you suspect someone is illegally using one or someone is allowing others to use theirs then you can, in fact you have a moral duty, to report them.

I know someone who has a motorbility car, blue badge and more. Same woman has been to prison for fraud but retained the car.

She got the car before she even passed her test.

If any of you clever people would like to look her up message me.

Self abuse (onanism ) NOT self harm = I don't joke about that.

Anyone that uses a BB when not entitled to can be prosecuted. Anyone entitled to use a BB can be prosecuted and lose the badge if they knowingly allow someone else to use it, even another disabled person. The badge is for the owners use only and must be used according to the rules and regulations.
If you suspect someone is illegally using one or someone is allowing others to use theirs then you can, in fact you have a moral duty, to report them.
whssign.gif

There are a heck of a lot of people that abuse the blue badge.
I have one over the road from me right now, he parks his estate car blocking half the pavement with his BB in the window - so his son can get whitegoods in/out easier there is usually a washer in the back) that he repairs. This scenario is replicated all over the country in various forms.

Then there are those that are genuinely in need of one that park very ignorantly and contrary to the rules that they should follow.
i.e. I see the same BB cars every weekend, parking on the zig-zags of a zebra crossing that happens to have the pub right next to it.
This is actually for the guy thats stood behind the mic singing all evening. Others are very close too, right on the corners to side roads etc.
All for an evening in the pub.
Sounds like abusing the scheme to me.

Then there are those genuine people that need them, that need the spaces right next to the place that they are visiting - but due to someone abusing the scheme - they cannot park there.

Such is life, no matter what the scheme is - there are always those that will abuse it.
Heck, if my daughter or MIL actually got one Im sure there would be times when I'd be tempted to use it myself.
Do you have any figures which show how prevalent abuse is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back