Boiler Service

My Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 Combi boiler has just been serviced under an annual Homecare agreement

Boiler was not serviced but checked for safe operation. Look at the manual and you will realise what a service entails.

Big statement. Probably more accurate to say there is a good chance it has not been "serviced".

Sponsored Links
DP - I do appreciate the difference, and am of the opinion that "if it works.....don't fix it". As the boiler has been monitored to be running efficiently, then that will do for me.

Misnomer I am afraid. Service is preventative maintainance. Almost all my work is repair & servicing. Majority of breakdowns are cause by service slippages hence "if it works... do not fix it" is a money saving saying. Appliance will breakdown at the most awkward moment if not looked at as the makers specify.

Whilst preventative maintenance will mitigate the risk of failure to 'lifed/conditioned items', it will not prevent the random failure.

I am content that the 'monitoring/measurements' taken under my annual 'service' agreement is sufficient for my needs; and any boiler failure will be repaired under the same agreement.

Sponsored Links
and any boiler failure will be repaired under the same agreement.

Good thinking Batman. Does not always work like that. Was on call yesterday where client's neighbour was waiting for the engineer from a similar service provider to have third go at fixing her two year old boiler. All I can say is good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back