BRIGHT LIGHT OVERHEAD

It was over the English Channel close to France at 00:28 hrs

Over Brissel be beggared, even footy players steer well clear of the glittering night life... :D :D

http://tinyurl.com/kdmlbgp

-0-

Sponsored Links
A space station is standing on a very long runway that can move (a conveyor belt). The space station moves in one direction, while the conveyor belt moves in the opposite direction. This conveyor belt has a control system that tracks the aircraft's wheels speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor belt to be exactly the same as the wheels, but in the opposite direction. There is no wind or atmosphere. The pilot begins to add thrust to the engines... will it take off?

The ISS did not take off from a runway! It was blasted off vertically in many pieces and assembled in space I think you'll find.

The saturn rockets deliver 7,648,000 lbs thrust, there is no throttle, it's on or off, in comparison the Concord delivered about 40,000 lbs thrust in full reheat from each of its four engines, a paltry 160,000 lbs thrust.

Sponsored Links
The saturn rockets deliver 7,648,000 lbs thrust, there is no throttle, it's on or off, in comparison the Concord delivered about 40,000 lbs thrust in full reheat from each of its four engines, a paltry 160,000 lbs thrust.

Concorde was the only commercial aircraft to be fitted with reheat/afterburners. Used at takeoff and to bring it up to supersonic speed. For taxiing purposes, only the two outer engines were used (without afterburners though) ;) One of them is now on display near me at East Fortune Aerodrome.

When I woke up this morning there was a strange bright light in the sky, which had turned a funny colour ...... blue of all things!!!, anyone know what it is ? :LOL:
A blue moon - means that Joe 90 will make a sensible post today :mrgreen:

Concorde was the only commercial aircraft to be fitted with reheat/afterburners. Used at takeoff and to bring it up to supersonic speed. For taxiing purposes, only the two outer engines were used (without afterburners though) ;) One of them is now on display near me at East Fortune Aerodrome.

We got the full monty on display here at Filton, they now have the funding for a permanent museum hanger.

http://concordeatfilton.org.uk/

You don't know what the definition of Mach is, do you?
You mean Ernst?

Many years ago I read of Kinetic Kill weapons. The thing throws off a chunk of metal at Mach 10 and the launcher is destroyed during launch; it's set off remotely.
Never having been in combat I've never seen one of these doomsday machines but maybe there is a video on YouTube.
KE = (1/2) m (v^2) and squaring Mach 10 gives you an awful lot of energy to be dissipated. Probably even standing near the flight path is harmful.

A space station is standing on a very long runway that can move (a conveyor belt). The space station moves in one direction, while the conveyor belt moves in the opposite direction. This conveyor belt has a control system that tracks the aircraft's wheels speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor belt to be exactly the same as the wheels, but in the opposite direction. There is no wind or atmosphere. The pilot begins to add thrust to the engines... will it take off?
Not without airfoils. :D

You don't know what the definition of Mach is, do you?
You mean Ernst?

Many years ago I read of Kinetic Kill weapons. The thing throws off a chunk of metal at Mach 10 and the launcher is destroyed during launch; it's set off remotely.
Never having been in combat I've never seen one of these doomsday machines but maybe there is a video on YouTube.
KE = (1/2) m (v^2) and squaring Mach 10 gives you an awful lot of energy to be dissipated. Probably even standing near the flight path is harmful.

How many meters per second is Mach 10?

How many meters per second is Mach 10?

Almost impossible to answer, unless you know what height the object travelling at Mach 10 is at. The speed of sound varies with the height the object is at, and the temperature of the air. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back