Burger and 'dead horse'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sauce for those that don't know. Red or brown?

Sponsored Links
I don't know what people are complaining about....

Adding Horse meat to a Tosco burger means an improvement!

Other stores have also been affected...

Expect a rush for 'My Lidl pony'... :D

I'd be surprised if its even horse meat. More like residues scraped from their skulls.
Seen cows heads scraped out, then a red dye was added to make the white stuff look like red meat.

Goes through a sterlisation process and then frozen in a blast freezer at -20.
It then passes into a shaper machine which presses the concoction into a steak shape.
Then finally is band sawed and packed into eye catching boxes labelled as tesco's finest steak.
Looks great but is absolute shyte.

Why is horse meat so offensive?

Don't the French like a bit of cheval?

Our (British) squeamishness towards eating certain animals, particularly pets, is founded on emotion and is a bit silly really.

Rabbits, dogs, cats, horses. If they taste good - why not.

Why should eating a dog be any more offensive than eating a pig?

Sponsored Links
A lot of people don't eat animals because of their compassion towards them. Not all people share that same sense of compassion.
I'd never eat a dog on those grounds. The far easterns kill their dogs in the most barbaric fashion.
You'd have to own and care for a dog to understand the connection.
A dog is a mans best friend.

That's the best play on words we've ever had in GD. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But did he make it up? :?:

A dog is a mans best friend.

Hypocritical bull shoite.

How can you say "Ah, little doggie, nice cute fluffy doggy he's man's best friend" on one hand and eat other animals with the other?

I asked my first (and as then only) son years ago:

Do we eat cows?

Yes.

Do we eat chickens?

Yes.

Do we eat sheep?

Yes.

Do we eat rabbits?

Don't be silly, Daddy!

Why not?

I have eaten rabbit, hedgehog, snake, cat and dog and possibly rat in Kuching, amongst others in the past, but I've been veggie since 1991.

Just in case you're wondering, I held this viewpoint before I was veggie as well as now.

Britain is packed full of fat people who have easy access to food.

Starve any of these tubs of lard and the fist thing they would go for if there was nowt else to eat, would be fidos leash.

Mans best friend my erse! :rolleyes:

No, but is was so big I couldn't finish it ;)

Sponsored Links
Back