Can't get the staff

Sponsored Links
Tescos doesn't have any black grapes.

I think it's subversion.
Plenty in my Sainsburys. I bought some last week. None of your tasteless European ones either.
Obligatory picture for proof otherwise I’ll be called a liar. :rolleyes:

443AB78E-8B9A-466F-B094-6F899F230AD5.jpeg

Sponsored Links
No it didn't.

only limited sectors stopped work, like hospitality and retail

most businesses like the building trades never stopped at all -ask on here, you will find most builders etc carried on.
B0llocks! Do you not remember the lockdowns? There was almost no traffic on the roads. Shops and factories closed, building sites and civil engineering projects were mothballed. Public transport initially continued but eventually cut services.

Yes, there was a boom for the home improvement sector and its white van brigade, but that was because everyone was at home on funny money.

Claiming that the current cost of living is not as a result of the covid spending is another barmy loony left lie. It is up there with "men can identify as women" and"we need more immigrants".

We are paying more for goods because of the £400 billion of funny money created from nothing to pay for covid.

We are paying more for goods because of the £400 billion of funny money created from nothing to pay for covid.

This.

Stop pretending to understand politics & start learning economics.

Food inflation is going to hit 40-50% this coming winter. They are not only going to freeze you to death, you'll be hungry when you pop.

B0llocks! Do you not remember the lockdowns?
Yes. We lost most of the other trades because of the working restrictions imposed on us. On our site we were left with about half the number of joiners we'd had before the lockdown because only "structural works" were permitted initally so we ended up wit a dozen chippies, the same number of steel fabricators, a few labourers and the telehandler guy. No brickies for a long time because they couldn't get sand or cement! A lot of other medium sites were in the same boat - numbers reduced to 1/3 or 1/4, but work on all the high rise jobs I could see from the roof of our mill continued (that's more than 20 sites). In the second lockdown the rules were changed snd we went back to almost full strength
Shops and factories closed, building sites and civil engineering projects were mothballed. Public transport initially continued but eventually cut services
Not completely true - see above. Don't know about the buses, but rail transport continued more or less as normal, with some reductions and less connections - it was kept on to serve key and essential workercs
...everyone was at home on funny money.
As I explained above - not everyone. Maybe white collar bods were at home but many blue collar workers had to go to work
... another barmy loony left lie. It is up there with ... ..."we need more immigrants".
I can't wait for you to need to go into a care home (if you can find one that'll have you) and then you'd find out first hand how untrue that one is

Tell me about it. I'd have been happy to sit at home for months on full pay - instead I had to graft, I was insulted (in the early days) because I was out and about and wearing a P3 mask in shops, and at the end of it I get to pay for all of it...

As I explained above - not everyone. Maybe white collar bods were at home but many blue collar workers had to go to work

boris and his followers went to work quite often, but were allowed raucous drunken parties, adulterous affairs, and trips to Barnard Castle or to stay in illegally built second homes on the family estate. No wonder they worried about their eyesight and their waistlines.

Tell me about it. I'd have been happy to sit at home for months on full pay - instead I had to graft, I was insulted (in the early days) because I was out and about and wearing a P3 mask in shops, and at the end of it I get to pay for all of it...

Yes, and it hasn't ended. Many are still working from home or off sick with covid. Some still on furlough and "too scared" to come back to work. If you were workshy to start with, covid is a gift.

I took no part in it, but everyone who took the funny money and the vaccines, rather than oppposing it all, is responsible for my shopping going up, my savings going down and my retirement date receding.

My local shop ran out of 30 grams
Packets of amber leaf

I ended up having to buy 50 grams instead

They also seemed low on rubber products or products with a rubber content

Bloke in the shop said that the rubber shortage was due to an increase in inflatable boats being imported into France

Dunno if that is correct or not ?? He also reckoned there could be a future shortage of jonnys due to the same issue ???

Many are still working from home
Pre-Covid many organisations were suspicious about allowing workers to work from home.
Since Covid those same organisations have learnt that productivity is not diminished by allowing workers to work from home. In most cases productivity increases, and the organisation's physical assets, with their fixed costs, can be reduced.
There is the added bonus of employees reduced costs of getting to work, reduced travelling time, reduced traffic on the road, etc.

Of course this only applies to those that can work from home.

Pre-Covid many organisations were suspicious about allowing workers to work from home.
Since Covid those same organisations have learnt that productivity is not diminished by allowing workers to work from home. In most cases productivity increases, and the organisation's physical assets, with their fixed costs, can be reduced.
There is the added bonus of employees reduced costs of getting to work, reduced travelling time, reduced traffic on the road, etc.

None the less, many companies and organisations, despite the supposed increased productivity, have used covid to excuse their poor response times when answering the phone, responding to written complaints and etc.. Contacting any organisation has become much, much more difficult since covid.

None the less, many companies and organisations, despite the supposed increased productivity, have used covid to excuse their poor response times when answering the phone, responding to written complaints and etc.. Contacting any organisation has become much, much more difficult since covid.
Accepted, but it can also be a genuine case of staff shortages due to sickness, etc.

Sponsored Links
Back