Cats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from the post about Space Cats username and how it came from a cartoon series, got me thinking how many cats have been portrayed in cartoons- Tom and Jery, Top Cat, Sylvester, Aristocats, Felix, the list goes on and on, what is the preoccupation with cats in cartoons?

Sponsored Links
simple.

easy to draw, and only have 3 fingers, which is clever, since they dont have fingers anyway

and you cant beat bod

Cats do have fingers, four on each paw. They're just shorter than ours. They also have stubby thumbs part way up their front paws.

But enough of that. I'm prompted to think of other cartoon animals apart from cats.

Mice: Jerry, Mickey and Minny, Mighty mouse, Dangermouse, Pixie and Dixie, Biker mice from Mars.

Roger Rabbit and Bugs Bunny.

Donald and Daffy Duck.

Secret Squirrel.

The dog in Tom and Jerry, Pluto.

More cats: Mr Jinx (who hated those meeces to pieces), Thundercats, Korky the cat.

It looks like an outright win for the cats with mice second and the rest way behind. Unless of course you know different ---

Sponsored Links
Morroco Mole
and we can't forget Squiddley Diddley or Deputy Dawg or Quick Draw McGraw

tim west said:
...Tom and Jery, Top Cat, Sylvester, Aristocats, Felix, ...
I can't beleive you listed all those cartoon cats and didn't mention the comedy GENIUS that is:

garfield_1.gif

Did I overlook him?......

what about:

pink_panther_1.jpg

and jess

postm_131.gif

oh!.....one more....

tigger.jpg

done. :LOL:

More dogs...Muttley..Scooby Doo...Scrappy Doo...Goofy...Boot...Fred Bassett...Snoopy...

Sponsored Links
Back