Commons Statement on Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason the fans were there was to get into the ground. They would not have the first clue that going into the ground would kill their fellow fans.

Someone made a decision to open a gate.

Guess what - the fans tried to get in. Of course there was a mass squeeze because they all wanted to get in - to see the match.

Do you think Aron Surly that the fans were tying to get ion to crush their fellow supporters to death or watch a footie match?

No one knew at the time that letting them in would lead to deaths of course not. But this decision had fatal ramifications.

The rest of what happened regards those who weren't fans is just appalling. There was too much panic and not enough being done to save lives.

The only people doing their best seemed to be the the fans that were in a position to help.

Sponsored Links
The fans did what fans do

Of course they did, but they had no idea what was happening inside, the police did. Are you completely stupid?

I would hazard a guess that for at least 5 or 10 minutes, police outside the ground would have known as much as the people they were herding through the bloody gates. Your saying it like, all police on duty that day, knew what was happening instantly. Surely you must accept that there was a time when the majority of those policemen outside, would have had no idea , what was happening in the stadium?

The outside of the ground and the inside of all pens at Leppings Lane was monitored by the police on CCTV, the police control box was pretty much located in the Leppings Lane end.

The police knew what was happening at all times. They could see pens 2&3 full, and yet ignored it.

:rolleyes: :( YAWWWWN

Go to bed troll.....or go do some homework.

ahh the "pushers" are back and out in force i see. Despite the taylor report published 22 years ago putting no blame on liverpool fans, and the HIP report recently completely exonerating the fans, your still blaming the fans. You lot must have been furious when the recent report came out, how come they didn't agree with your biased view.

The police knew the situation in the central pens, their control room overlooks it. The police outside knew the situation as they were carrying that new invention, its called a radio!

If those policemen responcible for command and control just used their eyes they would have seen the situation developing. Off duty officers made statements to the fact that the central pens looked full at 2pm, all that was needed was a call to close the gates to the tunnel and divert fans to the wings, it never came.

No amount of pushing would have caused crushing in the wings, why? because there wouldn't be enough force to exert that amount of pressure as the wings were not overcrowded.

Crash barriers failed in the central pens, because the central pens were overcrowded, who's responcibilty was it to make sure thoose pens were not overcrowded?

The leppings lane end had a history of crushing incidents, just as i have said many times before, do you think the police should have kept an eye on the situation because of that history?

Of course they did, but they had no idea what was happening inside, the police did. Are you completely stupid?

I would hazard a guess that for at least 5 or 10 minutes, police outside the ground would have known as much as the people they were herding through the bloody gates. Your saying it like, all police on duty that day, knew what was happening instantly. Surely you must accept that there was a time when the majority of those policemen outside, would have had no idea , what was happening in the stadium?

The outside of the ground and the inside of all pens at Leppings Lane was monitored by the police on CCTV, the police control box was pretty much located in the Leppings Lane end.

The police knew what was happening at all times. They could see pens 2&3 full, and yet ignored it.

I went to bed last night when you and your gang bored me to death.
What's the problem with you and them- no work to go to during the day ?.
You all have too much time on your hands methinks. Your imagination is running wild .
Take a tip- just try and see the other side sometimes .
Put yourself into the shoes of the policemen there that day.
Tell me- what would you have done ?

Sponsored Links
The only reason the fans were there was to get into the ground. They would not have the first clue that going into the ground would kill their fellow fans.

Guess what - the fans tried to get in. Of course there was a mass squeeze because they all wanted to get in - to see the match.

Do you think Aron Surly that the fans were tying to get ion to crush their fellow supporters to death or watch a footie match?

No one knew at the time that letting them in would lead to deaths of course not. But this decision had fatal ramifications.

The rest of what happened regards those who weren't fans is just appalling. There was too much panic and not enough being done to save lives.

The only people doing their best seemed to be the the fans that were in a position to help.

As much as I agree with some things you say-I cant agree with last sentence .
The police were doing their best too - but being outnumbered maybe 500 to 1 -by rancid supporters who were going to gain entry whatever the cost- it was too much of a job.
The police after all are only human .

You have made some good posts mate, but they did know that the leppings lane end had a history of crushing. Here is a video of the 81 semi final where crushing occured, i was standing in the leppings lane end that day, there was NO pushing it was overcrowded pure and simple.

http://youtu.be/jtzHVe2mEN0

You all have too much time on your hands methinks. Your imagination is running wild .

You have been boring people to death since your first post on this forum....now do everyone a favour and go away.

The majority of policeman on the ground tried to help...we are talking about the officers in charge on the day.

Do you think Aron Surly that the fans were tying to get in to crush their fellow supporters to death or watch a footie match?

Only children, ******* and animals are not responsible for their actions.

billynick said:
your still blaming the fans.

I'm not blaming the fans, I'm blaming everyone involved including the fans.

Do you think Aron Surly that the fans were tying to get in to crush their fellow supporters to death or watch a footie match?

billynick said:

and a lot of children died that day....sort of makes your point, erm pointless

Just out of curiosity- does anyone know the breakdown of the unfortunate people who died that day- and where they were from ?.
This is a serious question

billynick said:

And what experience have you got from going to football in the 70's and 80's none whatesover is my quess.

3 different film crews were filming that day, the BBC, South yorkshire police and Sheffield wednesday, as well as countless photographers. The taylor report studied 71 hours of film footage and thousands of photo's. If there was any evidence of crowd trouble the media would have been on it like a flash and it would have been plastered in all the papers.

But quess what, not a single frame of film footage or a single bit of photographic evidence showed any sign of misbehaviour from liverpool fans.
Thats the facts, and trolls like you still won't accept it.

billynick said:

And what experience have you got from going to football in the 70's and 80's none whatesover is my quess.

3 different film crews were filming that day, the BBC, South yorkshire police and Sheffield wednesday, as well as countless photographers. The taylor report studied 71 hours of film footage and thousands of photo's. If there was any evidence of crowd trouble the media would have been on it like a flash and it would have been plastered in all the papers.

But quess what, not a single frame of film footage or a single bit of photographic evidence showed any sign of misbehaviour from liverpool fans.

It WAS plastered in the papers when it actually happened--but due to current laws regarding litigation -- lots of things have been taken off the internet though fear of 'usual thing' - compenstaion culture'.

Try and find Boris's's original comments if you can--and seeing as you have plenty of time to post up 'links' - impress us with your superslueth qualities please . As if you dare !! :LOL:

You have been boring people to death since your first post on this forum....now do everyone a favour and go away.

The majority of policeman on the ground tried to help...we are talking about the officers in charge on the day.
Snico, i wouldn't bother with the troll, now he wants a breakdown of the unfortunates who died, yesterday he was calling everyone from liverpool scum.

You are being ridiculous.

I have not singled out the police, but i do think that they could have done more. They have admitted as much themselves.

From what i can gather from these more recent posts is that a major football match should never have taken place at this deathtrap.

One overwhelming factor from the recent revelations is that the fans just wanted to get inside and watch the match and could not have seen the terrible events taking place up against the pen walls.

Crowd trouble, misbehaviour?

People push in crowds, it's normal, and happens at every large event I have ever been to or seen.

It's normal behaviour, but that doesn't mean it's OK.

It is physically impossible to have a crush, if people at the back are not "pushing" (not necessarily with much force).

But of course, you must live in some funky non troll world, where the airspace in between people can compress and cause a crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back