Commons Statement on Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good to see unreserved apologies today for the actions (and inaction) of the authorities on the day, and in the cover up.

It must be frustrating for those members of the police and emergency services who do their utmost day in and day out ,to be let down time and time again by these kinds of cover ups.

Also good to see the opposition taking their share of the blame while in govt.

A long time coming.

Sponsored Links
From some of the stuff that's coming out (and stuff that was already known) it's a complete and utter vindication of the position that the families and fans and many others (not just in liverpool) have taken over the years.
They say that up to 59 (fifty fckn nine) may not have died and that the ambulance service also colluded in the cover up.
That is almost unbelievable. WHY
I hope that now that the position of the sun newspaper and it's then editor mckenzie have been so truly shown for the evil lies that they were, that other people across the country will join with scousers to boycott that rag.

Loutish football fans crush each other against railings like untamed animals.

=everybody else's fault.

/Troll

I doubt a single lying pig will ever stand trial...

And they've got worse since then!

Sponsored Links
Trail for what, incompetence?

And if you take any coppers to court, why not any of the people who caused the crush?

If you put 10 people in a room, and 1 of them dies as the other 10 push against him, you would have a murder investigation.

Put 10,000 in a stadium, and it's suddenly the coppers fault for not stopping it?

Ok, I was not long out of nappies when it happened, but I never understood why anyone blaming the fans was demonised.

Trail for what, incompetence?

And if you take any coppers to court, why not any of the people who caused the crush?

If you put 10 people in a room, and 1 of them dies as the other 10 push against him, you would have a murder investigation.

Put 10,000 in a stadium, and it's suddenly the coppers fault for not stopping it?

Ok, I was not long out of nappies when it happened, but I never understood why anyone blaming the fans was demonised.

Because no blame was ever put on the fans, and this report issued today says the exact same thing. When a senior police officer orders a gate to be opened....causing a crush?

He then goes on to say during an investigation that Liverpool fans forced open the gate.

This is probably the biggest cover up this country has ever known, and at last the truth is out.

Because no blame was ever put on the fans

Why not?

If you were at the back of the queue, would you push everyone up front, is it OK to do that, is it your fault?

Or is it not your fault, is it the coppers fault for not directing you properly?

When a senior police officer orders a gate to be opened....causing a crush?

Far as I can tell they did that in a mistaken belief it would help, not to deliberately cause a crush.

Did the coppers act incompetently, I don't know, probably, should some of them be sacked for incompetence, probably, but trail, trail for what, covering up their incompetence?

Because no blame was ever put on the fans

Why not?

If you were at the back of the queue, would you push everyone up front, is it OK to do that, is it your fault?

Or is it not your fault, is it the coppers fault for not directing you properly?

When a senior police officer orders a gate to be opened....causing a crush?

Far as I can tell they did that in a mistaken belief it would help, not to deliberately cause a crush.

Did the coppers act incompetently, I don't know, probably, should some of them be sacked for incompetence, probably, but trail, trail for what, covering up their incompetence?

Sorry, but I wont get into a debate about the Hillsborough disaster with someone that has no clue what happened on that day.

Read the report issued today, it will tell you everything, and that no blame what so ever was put onto any Liverpool fan that day.

Here are some key points brought up today:

The panel finds that a total of 41 people out of 96 "had the potential to be saved" beyond the 15:15 time determined by the original inquest. The original inquest would not take any evidence from what happened before that time.

The report finds flaws in the police operation and new evidence that the police carried out checks on those who had died in order to "impugn their reputations

The report finds 164 statements were "significantly amended" and 116 "removed negative comments" about policing operation

This is todays statement from South Yorkshire Police

"On 18th April 1989 [sic], 96 of the Liverpool fans went to Hillsborough to watch the FA Cup Semi Final and died as a result of the disaster. On that day South Yorkshire Police failed the victims and families. The police lost control. In the immediate aftermath senior officers sought to change the record of events. Disgraceful lies were told which blamed the Liverpool fans for the disaster."

"Statements were altered which sought to minimise police blame. These actions have caused untold pain and distress for over 23 years. I am profoundly sorry for the way the force failed on 15th April 1989 and I am doubly sorry for the injustice that followed and I apologise to the families of the 96 and Liverpool fans. South Yorkshire Police is a very different place in 2012 from what it was 23 years ago and we will be fully open and transparent in helping to find answers to the questions posed by the Panel today."

So the police "lost control" of the situation, really, stating the obvious.

That they lied and cheated to cover up their mistakes doesn't really surprise me (not the same as doesn't bother me), it's what coppers (or institutions) do.

That more people could have been saved if they hadn't buggered up, sure.

But did are they actually responsible for people crushing each other to death, hmmmm.

Sorry, but I wont get into a debate about the Hillsborough disaster with someone that has no clue what happened on that day.

People pushed against each other.

People at the back, pushed people up front, people died.

Would YOU push up to the person in front, would YOU not be at all responsible for the crushing that would cause.

Na, it's all the pigs fault for not stopping and you, and their fault for "losing control" of the situation with poor management.

But if it allows the fans to sleep easy at night, convincing themselves they had no part in the deaths and it's all the scums fault, good on em!

aronsearle, you really should think before writing your rubbish.
Have you ever stood on a terrace at a big game?
People at the back will always squash in if they can, they have no way of knowing what is happening at the front. To blame them when they have been directed onto the terraces is stupid. Also remember that the underlying cause of the tragedy was the penning in of people with the fencing.
This could have happened to any clubs fans at that time, it just happened to be ours.
Todays utter and abject apologies and admissions from all of those who matter (except thatcher) should tell you something. They don't issue statements like that very often.

Another thing you miss is that because of all of the lies, and the blame campaign that was orchestrated to besmirch the innocent fans, Rsoles like chapeau can write things like this and believe it to be true.

I see you're from Merseyside eh Joe doesn't like people like that, he'd not want somebody like you defending him, he'd want to be your boss and that's something I don't think you'd like at all

It's in the national phsyche now that if you're from Liverpool you must be a lying, thieving, workshy, no good scumbag who blames everybody else for his problems. At least for idiots like chapeau and probably yourself, and that is largely attributable to the lies.

People pushed against each other.

People at the back, pushed people up front, people died.

Would YOU push up to the person in front, would YOU not be at all responsible for the crushing that would cause.

Na, it's all the pigs fault for not stopping and you, and their fault for "losing control" of the situation with poor manageme

This comment is the whole reason the inquest, the debates and hearings have been for.

When 1000's of fans are ushered into a certain place by the people who are meant to be in charge, you will have a crush....the people in the crush can only go with the flow of people.

The police could have opened more pens to rid the pressure, they could have opened the gates to the pitch, instead of forcing people back into the pens. The police where 100% to blame, as this enquiry, and previous ones have found.

You really need to educate yourself before making quick comments....its people like you, who these findings should be aimed at.

Every organisation, including the police have admitted they made mistakes. Even the council for their lack of safet concerns of the ground, like an expired safety certificate etc.

Just read the report and then make your mind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back