Commons Statement on Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy this has come out today, and can imagine there will be some twitchings ar##s from senior people in authority around the country tonight.

Sponsored Links
So there should be snico, though it looks like (judging from aron searles posts) some people will believe what they want to believe whatever happens (fck em)

It's in the national phsyche now that if you're from Liverpool you must be a lying, thieving, workshy, no good scumbag who blames everybody else for his problems.

We've got a scouse lass living on our lane and she's all right. So it's not all of you.

It was the corralling of the fans behind fences that caused the problem. Nowhere to spill out into when the crush built up. I remember the day clearly. I was in the garden making a weight training bench with my welder waiting for the game to start on the radio when we started hearing that things weren't right. I know someone that was there.

Sponsored Links
Yep could have happened anywhere. Cops would have told lies to protect their interests wherever it happened.

I suspect the problem wasn't that everybody thinks a scouser is a rogue, but back then everybody trusted the police.

Now everybody is carrying a camera on ther mobile phone and when the cops misbehave they are more likely to get caught.

It's in the national phsyche now that if you're from Liverpool you must be a lying, thieving, workshy, no good scumbag who blames everybody else for his problems.

We've got a scouse lass living on our lane and she's all right. So it's not all of you.

I interpret that to mean that although you know a small number of scousers (one) and personally find them to be alright (normal perhaps),
you are still influenced by the besmirching campaigns and believe most of them to be low life.
Not very smart are you?

You didn't call me a knobhead !

Are you warming to me ?

But why was the fence put up in the first place.

Nothing to do with the yobs and morons that were in the stands before that night.

I believe it went something like keeping the animals in. :rolleyes:

Yep going to a footie match back then wasn't a family friendly day out. They had family enclosures but they had even bigger cages around them to keep the other fans out. Looking at the Kop it was really the law of the jungle in there.

Great atmosphere though, that's been lost.

Easy to blame the fans back in those days and cops took advantage of that. Nothing to do with them being scousers, had it been Millwall the cops would have been believed just as quickly.

Has a single Liverpool fan who was in the ground without a ticket , that day came forward to say "I should not have been there? "
Hmmmmmmmm
Nuff said.

For what it's worth I think it one of those unforeseen circumstances that happen in life, and should have have put to rest 20 odd years ago.

From some of the stuff that's coming out (and stuff that was already known) it's a complete and utter vindication of the position that the families and fans and many others (not just in liverpool) have taken over the years.
They say that up to 59 (fifty fckn nine) may not have died and that the ambulance service also colluded in the cover up.
That is almost unbelievable. WHY
I hope that now that the position of the sun newspaper and it's then editor mckenzie have been so truly shown for the evil lies that they were, that other people across the country will join with scousers to boycott that rag.

Sooey... I am really delighted that the truth has came out..and that lying rag newspaper has been shown for what it is, I am a great believer in truth and justice and just watching the news I was amazed how big the cover up was...ignore the tossers on here ..I have a good friend who was there that day and was delighted he was ok and feel for the families who lost people that the authoritys tried to cover it all up and smear the Liverpool supporters....foooking tossers.
One thing I did learn today from a Man utd supporter who is a season ticket holder is that thousands of them signed the petition to get the files released, although there is great rivalry I suppose its the football family coming togethere.

Hope the families can get some sort of closure and well done to the campaign for going on all these years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back