Cop Shows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What makes the cops think they can demand drivers get out of their cars, let alone get in the back of theirs?

There's nothing written anywhere that says you have to do this. Even if you are stopped for suspected drink driving.

It's the cops trying to gain an advantage by using their authority.

I watched a video of a bloke stopped by the police and he refused to get out. He was assaulted by the copper, forced out of the vehicle, cuffed and arrested.

All because he didn't do what the cop "told" him to do......

Sponsored Links
General lack of respect for plod

it had been going down hill for years

the awkward squad / armchair legal experts who have to make a mountain out of a mole hill

if it was me they would be politely asked to get out of there car twice

if they refused

tazor them

On the two maybe three occasions I was pulled over by the police as a teenager, I automatically got out of the car and said 'good evening officer', I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

We work for a copper
He gets spat on
Excrement thrown at him
Threatened
Family / wife / children threatened
Assaulted

dealing with drunks and general scum bags

Sponsored Links
cop shows?

This is normal on Youtube for cops, US and UK.
From what I see they break the law often because they do not respect the law or the normal person.
While they may deal with scum on a daily basis it appears that they treat everyone as scum as suggested.

Also, in the US they do not want people to get out of the car when stopped, they want them with hands on the steering wheel or out of the window until they are in control.
Once they are in control they want the driver out of the car and away from potential weapons or hiding evidence.

That said on a previous interaction they were very helpful to me.
So I guess its a case of there are some good and some not so good.

I think you're right. Some police do seem to treat everyone as if they were criminals.
I am a law abiding citizen (apart from speeding, and I don't know anyone, cops included, who have not exceeded the speed limit at one time or another) and respect police when they are acting as they should. But I have witnessed and been on the receiving end of behaviour that is definitely not what should be expected of an officer.

Mostly involving lying. They are very quick to tell you that you'll be in a whole heap of doggy do-dos if you lie to police, but some of them seem to be unable to interact with the public without lying.

as guns a fairly normal in america you can understand the hands out window request to show "safe hands" where as here its more out the car means no cover or chance to manipulate "items "or "secrete " perhaps drugs where the sun dont shine ??

There's nothing written anywhere that says you have to do this.
Lol.

So to avoid being arrested, just stay in your car!

That sounds just like cranky advice from a cranky barrister in charge of public prosecutions.

I see you've got it the wrong way round.

He was arrested because a cop got butt hurt that a citizen did not jump when he was ordered to jump.

If the guy had been lawfully detained and arrested, then of course, he would have to leave the vehicle. But otherwise, no.

I thought it was traffic law that you must do what a police officer instructs you to.

I thought it was traffic law that you must do what a police officer instructs you to.
Absolutely not!
The traffic officer can direct you to strip off and run naked through the streets but you do not have to.
You "must" only do what is legally required of you, what you do is upto you though.

Butt hurt officers often tell porkies, use the wrong laws, misinterpret laws or just make **** up on the spot.

Things like You are required to show a police officer your driving license however they insist on actually taking it.

You do not have to exit the vehicle, if disabled how would you do that? but they want you to step into the back
of their vehicle so they can deal with you - however you are then imprisoned/detained as you cannot exit.

the list of how they misrepresent the actual law is very long.

Next time I'm in Aldi at the veg isle, and some old granny wants to get to the carrots and asks me to move, I'll tell her where to go and to stop telling me what to do.

No one will tell me what to do now that I am empowered not to have to do what other's ask. Thank you internet.

Woody, you are being very silly.

We're quite obviously not talking about old dears in the supermarket, we're talking about officers of the law taking the ****.

Woody, you are being very silly.

We're quite obviously not talking about old dears in the supermarket, we're talking about officers of the law taking the ****.
Were talking about not doing something when asked to do that something aren't we?

Or are we talking about being an arrse and just being awkward for the sake of it? AKA the wider disrespect of the Police and authority generally.

I mean how difficult is it really to just get out of the car?

Sponsored Links
Back