Are the police really good at their job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just watching one of these fly on the wall programmes following police around.

Cop stops a driver for no seatbelt.

Guy gets out and cop explains why he's been stopped. "Come and have a seat in my car" say the cop.

Understandably, the driver doesn't want to, so refuses. Copper's response?

Gets his taser out!

I thought these professional people were supposed to be trained in de-escalation, not the opposite!

Sponsored Links
Apologies, he was already out (not the recommended thing to do) but my line of thought still applies, why didn't he just get in police car? 99.9% of the time if you're apologetic and don't try to pull the wool over their eyes it'll work out better all round. Get off his high horse and suck it up like a man. Stupid dick should have been wearing his seatbelt, that would have presumably resulted in him not getting pulled over in the first place?

Sponsored Links
There should be standard procedures for ordinary situations like that which plod should comply with, or have a bloody good reason not to.
Getting a taser out to get someone to move, is, or sounds like, a mistake. Surely they're supposed to be for restraining the violent or potentially violent?

I got pulled up by armed response plod

armed plod car in front

non armed plod behind

they told me not to put my hands in my pockets

if I was a plod , I would be polite in asking some one to comply , there after if they persisted with there nonsense I would taser them

Plod having to waste there time on drunken fruit cakes intent on aggro on a Friday / saturday night

I would taser them as well en -masse

It's one thing co-operating with the police when they make a lawful order, but when they say stuff like sit in the back of my car, that's not lawful, but they like to have the upper hand. They don't like it when people know their rights.

For sure and there are good cops and bad cops, good plumbers and bad etc but generally speaking if you're not cock and play their game and be polite, I'd hazard that will work out just fine. If you have nothing to hide of course.

Look what the police have to deal with or are expected to deal with now !

As opposed to 20 / 30 years ago

Reactions: CBW
These MSM programs show you those bits that they want to show you so's you can form the opinion that they want you to think.
Yep. It’s called 'entertainment'. If they didn’t edit and show you those bits, they’d only be able to show you three weeks of someone being driven round in a car with sod all happening. Either that or people complying and nothing being found wrong with them. Would anybody be interested in watching that though?

Do they do regular refresher courses and exams on basic aspects of the law because you just need to look on you tube to see many of them are lacking in basic knowledge

Reactions: CBW
Do they do regular refresher courses and exams on basic aspects of the law because you just need to look on you tube to see many of them are lacking in basic knowledge
Is this for the police now or are you targeting gas engineers/Allen Hart again? :LOL:

The thing with a lot of police imo, they now have ipcc in the back of their minds too scared and can’t say certain things now. Also the fear of being drawn into a fight with the “suspect”.

Sponsored Links
Back