Corgi pinching all our business?

The Robbing bassttards, they still manage to stick the knife in even now ffs, when will the fekkin corgi dinosaur fekkiN DIE AND KEEP THERE HANDS OFF OUR MONEY :evil:

Sponsored Links
I am not a gas fitter.

If I have something installed, and the installer is obliged to provide my name and address to (someone), then my personal information is not provided for marketing purposes.

So I don't see that gassafe has any right to use it for marketing purposes.

Do you have evidence that they have been doing so?

I am not a gas fitter.

If I have something installed, and the installer is obliged to provide my name and address to (someone), then my personal information is not provided for marketing purposes.

So I don't see that gassafe has any right to use it for marketing purposes.

Do you have evidence that they have been doing so?

Being as a certificate has to be sent to the consumer so the process isn't paperless, my idea would be as follows:

* Installer notifies as usual giving all work information but without disclosing customer name or address.

* Gas Safe send certificate registered against that installer who the fills in customer details and presents it to them with copy for LABC.

* Gas Safe inspector has details of all your installs and can call on you to inspect boiler x,y or z.

Can't see why GS need to know the consumer, their job's supposed to be checking on us, which wouldn't change. In any event I never give my customers name.

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, go to my profile and look in the 'stiched up by Corgi' album. You'll be able to read the letter and leaflets better there.

It would be interesting to see what happens if one of the recipents of this letter will write "The Data Controller" at Corgi asking how they came by his personal data, and why they are using it for marketing purposes.

I have come across this sort of thing before, and it may be a breach of the Data Protection Act.

See page 2 http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/docume...cation/unwanted_marketing_guidance_oct_06.pdf

and page 2 of this one http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/docume.../iyi_when_organisations_collect_your_info.pdf

Hi John,

the letter was sent to me and my details (Corgi registration number and the building control notifcation number) are on there I've just edited them out.

I notified my own boiler to Corgi in 2006 which is why I recieved the letter and leaflets.

I'm in the process of making a complaint under the DPA with the help of my local trading standards officer and there are guys in the combustion chamber doing the same so I'd suggest that any RGIs on here, who are concerned about this 'developement', should get themselves onto the CC where there is a thread containing all of the relevant info.

One of the guys in the CC has been in touch with Corgi at Basingstoke and they've more or less confirmed to him that they're using the GWN database to send out these letters.

Only RGIs who have registered thier own boilers will receive a letter so other RGIs/businesses will not have a clue about this but it seems that Corgi are not 'targetting' BGs notifications, so far.

As I see it anyone making any enquiry via the phone ect is probably going to get fobbed off , I get the immpression that those at the corgi heat care number probably do not know were the imfo they are useing has come from apart from one person who said it was most likely that it has come from the notification list , despite promise's from them and Corgi srvice's in Basingstoke NO one has got back to me 3 call's 1 e.mail , 2x faxe's no response , as I only live 20 mile's away from there main office , & if I recieve no contact from during the week I will go down there , wether any one will speak to me who know's ??

write a letter :rolleyes:

Basically already done that via a full page A4 , fax , a letter has also been sent , setting out my concern's !! every thing is very polite no complaint has been made , either verbally or in writing !! merely seeking imfo or clarification !!

****ing in the wind with corgi, they were usefull in the old days before they got their head so far their own arrse they couldn't see a dodgy installer if one was put down their throat.

:LOL: Love it - Good old Little Britain Regulations Rule :LOL:

p******g in the wind with corgi, they were usefull in the old days before they got their head so far their own arrse they couldn't see a dodgy installer if one was put down their throat.

good point perhaps , but none the less i will give it ago !

This may already have been said by other's but they may well be useing your gas safe reg number on there promotional/sales literature in the future in order to sell there product's !!!

As stated in the link, apparently they did not offer or ever intended to offer a warranty scheme Mmmmm! something fishy here.

Anyway more worringly, some might not know that gas safe pass on if asked by the inland revenue details of the gas appliances you have installed and notified. This way they can make predictions on your turnover/profit and what you have actually submitted, this is fed into a new computer program thay have developed.

Gas safe admit to this and sent a very vaguely worded letter out some time ago, Corgi on the other hand had been at it too and never admitted to it.

My accountant has just informed me that the inland revenue are about to come down on gas installation busienesses now that they are well into the proffesioanals i.e lawyers, doctors and accountants.

Well they have got to claw money back for the bankrupt country some how, so beware! a tax man WILL be visiting a business near you soon.

Also Baxi & Worcester have tried to pinch my customers even though the box on the warranty card was ticked to indicate the customer HAS already been offered a 5yr plan.

Legally can they do this? I don't know! Makes you woundeer what they think of us installers when they don't think twice about nicking our customers even when we fit their products. SCUM!

gassafe do not just give tax man details every time a boiler is registered .
But if the tax man asks they will provide the information. Bit different

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back