cyclists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love to see cyclists out and about enjoying 'the coast to coast' cycle way.

It irks me a little though when some do not pull in to gateways etc to allow cars to get past. :evil:

Im not saying stop but just move over please to let cars past!!!!!!

I appreciate that cyclists have as much right as me in my car on the road but argghhhhhhh!!

surely considerate road use is to move over??????

Sponsored Links
The ones that really annoy me are the ones on racing bikes doing 20mph in a 30 zone, and you want to overtake, but its tricky because you're only going marginally faster than them, so you have to wait for a longish stretch of open road.

Its generally known to just clip them with your bumper ......as you pass ..

Sponsored Links
I cycle a lot and I like to hold cars up. One can sense the anger building up as one doesn't have mirrors. However, it would be much more desirable to have cycle lanes constructed alongside all roads and any truly green government would start to implement this as policy. Cycling on roads is jolly dangerous.

toffee said:
I love to see cyclists out and about enjoying 'the coast to coast' cycle way.

It irks me a little though when some do not pull in to gateways etc to allow cars to get past. :evil:

Im not saying stop but just move over please to let cars past!!!!!!

I appreciate that cyclists have as much right as me in my car on the road but argghhhhhhh!!

surely considerate road use is to move over??????

You just like the tight shorts they wear, come on own up, :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:

I remember cycling in Holland...strange brakes where you push the pedals backwards to put the brakes on!.....thousands of bikes all the same so you can never find yours in a bike park. Nice and flat for it though, you can cycle for miles and miles.

I don't mind cyclists holding up traffic because they are slower, what else are they meant to do? I do mind it very much when they hold up traffic because they are riding 2 abreast. Is this legal?

Cyclists, cyclists!!, don't get me started!! wanna ride on a road, pay road tax you barstewards!! Horse riders !!!!!! faints in a purple rage !!

And don't say I have a car, so I can ride my bike where I like, I've got two cars both need road tax, yet I can only drive one at once!

The cyclists that really annoy me are the one in London (probably every city / town really) that think traffic lights only apply to motor vehicles. WRONG, the highway code still applies, including drink cycling!

I hate 'em, but then again with the 'crusier they only register as a slight bump, bit like a manhole cover really.

keyplayer said:
Eddie M, you appear to have advanced chronic road rage.

Can't answer, I'm having a post apoplectic fit lie down in a darkened room :D

Sponsored Links
Back