Discuss or debate topical issues here.

S

Susiejb

Its unfortunate that this forum has now deteriorated into a schoolboys playground....the possibility of a sensible discussion/debate has apparently now become none existent.

Sponsored Links
Its unfortunate that this forum has now deteriorated into a schoolboys playground....the possibility of a sensible discussion/debate has apparently now become none existent.
Especially when one was trying to take the moral high ground earlier.

That reply is only what I expected.....there are few on here who are able to reply without taking a totally aggressive approach.

YOU asked a question, I was polite enough to suggest an answer, why was I taking the moral high ground.

Quote: Your question
where do you draw the line between banter, teasing and torment? )

Quote: My answer:
Maybe the answer lies in teaching our children to have 'respect' in the old fashioned sense of the word.
If respect for each other is part of our nature, then surely there is a natural barrier in our sense of 'right and wrong' that knows 'when to stop'

I fear youre right. Perhaps they shoud introduce a ****** exclusion test for new entrants. They could ask them how to spell big words like "mountain" or show them a photo of a pair of boobs to see if they start giggling.

Simple words like 'should' could also be included. ;)

I've finally accepted that you'll never get a proper, reasoned debate on here. It always, without fail, descends into childish name calling. It's not even worth trying. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I may be wrong but I don't think his answer was referring to you susie.

Errr, what?
That aimed at me?

Ifso, you've jumped to the wrong conclusion. I'm sure you don't need help in working out whoi was referring to.
That reply is only what I expected.....there are few on here who are able to reply without taking a totally aggressive approach.

YOU asked a question, I was polite enough to suggest an answer, why was I taking the moral high ground.

Quote: Your question
where do you draw the line between banter, teasing and torment? )

Quote: My answer:
Maybe the answer lies in teaching our children to have 'respect' in the old fashioned sense of the word.
If respect for each other is part of our nature, then surely there is a natural barrier in our sense of 'right and wrong' that knows 'when to stop'

[I've finally accepted that you'll never get a proper, reasoned debate on here. It always, without fail, descends into childish name calling. It's not even worth trying. :confused:
Indeed - but I find it has some theraputic value - are you OK with that, knobhead ;) ;)

So it's not just me.

Susiejb said:
Its unfortunate that this forum has now deteriorated into a schoolboys playground....

and

EngStudent said:
It always, without fail, descends into childish name calling.

Well, not always but far too often. :( :( :( I don't think I've ever seen so many blatantly abusive posts being allowed to stay for quite so long. :eek: :eek: :eek:

People on here always moan when the clowns are throwing insults but people keep responding to it which keeps threads like this alive for several painful days

I think we all need a group hug!!

:LOL: :LOL:

People on here always moan when the clowns are throwing insults but people keep responding to it which keeps threads like this alive for several painful days

Sometimes its hard to see something so insulting and not respond....but actually I do agree.....my lips are sealed :)

Keep your hand on your wallet though. ;)

EngStudent said:
It always, without fail, descends into childish name calling.

Well, not always but far too often. :( :( :( I don't think I've ever seen so many blatantly abusive posts being allowed to stay for quite so long. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I logged in this morning and noticed the thread about what's been going on in Norway had jumped to 4 pages. I read a couple of posts (before they were deleted) and they seemed to be heading in that direction.

At least 93 people died, most of them youths/young people, and yet a thread discussing it descended into name calling. Classy.

Edit: It now appears that at least 76 died. My point still stands.

Sponsored Links
Back