Do you love your job ?

M

Moz

I am a time served Plumber an run my own small firm ....am I alone in loving my job (or just a mentalist ?lol)

I have said in a post before that some customers are true scum an Hateful ...GRRRrr

but in the main when I have completed a bathroom refit ,I do get that prickly feel over me ,an such satisfaction (even better after the second week week when the snagging is sorted)

Are you Proud an relish your working week ?

Sponsored Links
started my own business as a landscaper and garden designer.....hard work but love it, best thing i ever did (well workwise anyway!) :D

I used to love my job and I do mostly still enjoy the work, but the company I work for have stiffed the lot of us. Got us to sign foreign contracts and now do not pay our tax or NI. It is no big deal on a personal basis apart from having to employ an accountant, but when I mentioned the NI issue to a guy at the Inland Revenue benefits office he said that a lot of big companies are doing this now to legally avoid paying employers NI contributions. Trouble is that means a lot less money in the state pension fund, so where does that leave us? :evil:

Sponsored Links
I work for a large transport company - after ten years, I still enjoy the feeling of satisfaction I get after a mad thirty minutes swapping everything about to "squeeze in" that last-minute important job :D

my life is perfect ,something horrible has to happen to me soon!, I have a highly successful business, I can hardly wait to start work tomorrow.but it hasnt always been this way, life has been really really hard but I perfer to forget about the bad bits.

I'm not self employed - I've worked for the NHS for the majority of my working life - since being 18 yrs old

At this time in my life I can honestly say that professionally I feel more content in my job than ever before - even though I work more hours per week in the past 18 months than I've ever done before!

Maybe it's an age thing :rolleyes: ;)!!!!

Priorities change and you see things differently than when you were 20 yrs - what wound me up then kind of doesn't really matter now.

A sense of achievement within my job is more valuable to me now as well.

This was brought home to me when I attended my degree ceremony - I was 40 yrs old and had spent he previous 2 yrs attending University as a day release student - when I went on the stage to collect my degree I felt 10 foot tall - would I have felt the same way had I been 21 - I don't think so cos I was daft then ;) !!

Mind you I still must be a bit crazy because despite my workload I'm going back to university as a day release student in September to do an Msc - mad or what ;) :) !!!!!!

jasy said:
i work in the sky in a large tower crane...........great!
Ah a labourer! I knew you didn't have the brains to do anything better :LOL:

I had a carpenter coming to look at a job last week, he absolutely loved his job. I think he must follow the mantra of "two much of a good thing is bad for you", because the b*stard never showed up.

I enjoy my job. Wouldn't say I love it, but it has it's moments.

I'm a chippy by trade(funny that with a username like SD Carps :rolleyes: )last year I was offered the chance to help run a site as a learning curve to becoming a site agent...............
....now 8 months later I seem to be struggling like hell as I'm doing it all alone,all the answers I need are at the end of a phone but it does make you look like a right mug when brickies/G workers comeup with problems I have no answers for...................but apart from the grief....I'd have to say I'm happy with things.

Stu

kendor said:
jasy said:

There are those that can and those who sit on DIY not. com in the early hours of the morning during their boring night shift. How little do the uneducated know.......................... :rolleyes:

jasy said:
kendor said:
jasy said:

There are those that can and those who sit on DIY not. com in the early hours of the morning during their boring night shift. How little do the uneducated know.......................... :rolleyes:
If you are so bored in your job get another one :rolleyes: Or is lack of qualification stopping you? :D

calm down you two, this was a simple light hearted thread and there is no need to go off on one. I have to say Kendor you seem to have set the ball rolling with an insult, may have been tongue in cheek, but given the past history with you two, its not surprising the reaction its got.
So kick it in to touch lads and dont ruin an intresting thread with another slanging match

jasy said:

on a big site the crane driver is the top dog

a good un makes life ssooooo much easier

keep it up jasy (just in case i ever work there )

BTW whats wrong with labourers without them the trades would have to clean there own s*it up ;)

Sponsored Links
Back