Do you love your job ?

I did a bit as banksman for a tower crane running on rails at the New Bridewell in Bristol centre .. a great 6 wks hol job in 60's ... slapping the chains on reinforcing steel off an artic, crane trollied to extent .. klaxtons blaring .. wheels lifting off tracks (H&S wots that then ?) .. Brian the crane driver doing his tribal dance with the remote control on the scaffolding .. couldn't drop the rotated load .. over a main road ....

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
kendor wrote in his first post
jasy wrote:
i work in the sky in a large tower crane...........great!
Ah a labourer! I knew you didn't have the brains to do anything better

Er that was where i was refering to your first comment on the subject, which seemed to send jasy off, and as i said given the history between the two of you it was always going to!
I dont want to perpetuate the argument and its fair enough to have a ding dong on the more serious political subjects, but some threads are better to run without arguments, such as this one as they give us all a chance to find out more about each other. ;)
no mate this insulting has gone on from other posts just seizing the oppurtunity when it arose in this post but i was referring you to read back through the other recent posts to see who was first with the insults although you probably have better things to do with your time i know i have.

masona said:
jasy said:
How high is it Jasy?

Do the crane sway a bit at the top?

And finally do you have a loo up there? :)

Firstly i would like to thank Kendor for bringing up the point of non education. I have management quals, instructor quals and an excellent state education. Not that i am blowing my own trumpet but unless you have ever operated a tower crane you do not know the immense responsibility it carries as every lift is potentially fatal. The crane does move alot masona mate, it has to. If it was static it would fall. No toilet, hold the big poos in and the wie , wie can go in a bottle. ;)

thats kind of the point i was trying to make. we all know who does and doesnt get on on these posts and thats fair enough, but i think perhaps it could be put aside on topics such as these. To carry on the personal sniping and abuse is a little off putting to some and dare i say it boring! it does echo a bit of he said it first, no he did, no he did etc etc. so come on boys save it for the really fiesty topics and lets leave the insults out of topics like these ;)

(right im off to sort out dafour, followed by north korea and iraq next (should be easier!))

oh and petewood, i havnt got one bloody patio, my garden is still a building site as im too busy laying them for other people (still theyll never track me down if i bury them under someone elses! ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Im a self employed decorator have been since i left school 27 years ago and i must say I still love my trade....thats why im on here i spose

But as for being self employed.....i hate it :evil:

And anyone thinking of going self emp on the strength of 'id have no one to answer to'........think again and think long and hard...beleive me you have more people to answer to than you would working in a call centre for a large corperate with a faceless boss.

And.....given that it costs me about £4.500* every year just to be self employed...before ive earnt a crumb then PAYE is a strong option.

*based on 25 days lost holiday....8 public holidays. lost days..public and employers liability insurance and advertising

BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE.....YOU HAVE TO LOVE YOUR WORK IF YOU WANT TO BE GOOD AT IT .....if you dont....then turn it in now.

kendor said:
kevplumb said:
kendor said:
jasy said:
Ah a labourer! I knew you didn't have the brains to do anything better :LOL:

dunno it wasnt me that made the comment
you are misreading my quote, i was inferring that jasy doesn't have the brains to do better.

you are making yourself look stupid kendor and everyone is getting bored of it :rolleyes: ;) :LOL:

jasy said:
kendor said:
kevplumb said:
kendor said:
jasy said:
Ah a labourer! I knew you didn't have the brains to do anything better :LOL:

dunno it wasnt me that made the comment
you are misreading my quote, i was inferring that jasy doesn't have the brains to do better.

you are making yourself look stupid kendor and everyone is getting bored of it :rolleyes: ;) :LOL:
let's hope you see sense then :rolleyes:

Can we just all agree that both of you have the last word ! !
Perhaps that will stop this bikkering?

Zampa
It costs me roughly the same to have the great honour to be s/employed

every 22p in a pound earned goes too Tax an NI

Moz said:
Zampa
It costs me roughly the same to have the great honour to be s/employed

every 22p in a pound earned goes too Tax an NI

Great isnt it!

I dont even like to think about it now :cry: ...whats an average wage for a self employed person in the trade?...£100..£120 a day....sounds good til you take of all the ex's....it only takes one day over on a 5 day job and after everything else you may as well be working in Mac Donalds.

I looked up the word 'Myth' in a dictionary once it said

'Myth: the common belief that everyone in the building trade has a secret timeshare in florida, earns 70k a year, has a stash of cash under the bed, only works three days a week, and never pays tax

Think is mostly in the general public eyes the plumb industry as I am cowboy on 2k a week an I fleece peeps ..
Zampa
In your idustry is it ok up or down please tell ??!!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

what the fack stops me as being a COWBOY on over 300k a yr.. ok ..
Is a good night sleep .... an better the building regs which fine now an then corgi **** me now Im a plumb ..GOOD GUY

I am more skilled than the trainers(WOMEN tutors what a load of ****e !!!!!!(they were retrain as plumbers in a 4 week retrain skill ..) at colleges my heart sinks an I wish polish were more uk speaker because they will refuse to work with the young Brit plumbs )

Moz said:
Think is mostly in the general public eyes the plumb industry as I am cowboy on 2k a week an I fleece peeps ..
Zampa
In your idustry is it ok up or down please tell ??!!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

what the fack stops me as being a COWBOY on over 300k a yr.. ok ..
Is a good night sleep .... an better the building regs which fine now an then corgi s**t me now Im a plumb ..GOOD GUY

I am more skilled than the trainers(WOMEN tutors what a load of s***te !!!!!!(they were retrain as plumbers in a 4 week retrain skill ..) at colleges my heart sinks an I wish polish were more uk speaker because they will refuse to work with the young Brit plumbs )

Its certainly not as busy as it should be in this part of the world for the time of year....ive got about 3/4 weeks work ahead of me so im not too worried at the moment and given that most people wont wait mush more than that then its ok......but the phone should be red hot and it isnt

Plumbers who i know are that busy....

I have applied for another teaching post ... certainly less stress about the same money no bills coming in.....no insurance to find....no advertising..

Fingers crossed.

Zampa
if you me

I would bell an show to builders , loads are paper lads , some do prize work £50 a room is better than nowt ..

then ok
Tiawian
I would do it for paper folders an paint /spreads , 1k a week in VERY GOOD digs ...

10 rooms ok good money at a boss job , he saves on contract workers , tell them your not contract work bad point tomorrow we need that 7 bedrooms done , on the spec all ways say a coat needs 12 hrs to dry they want 3 coats its a week friday, well sorry you painters know ...

we accept the

Hardly ever work for builders, the ones down here think im ocean finance and try it on with all that 'pay when paid cr*p

I tell em, 'I have to pay for food at the time.....not two months down the line"

Id like to crack the states though....good money there but hard to get your foot in the door...plus....I wouldnt come home again!

At the moment I hate my job. It's not the company or the actual business that I am in, its the people who have been recently put in place to manage the business. Its amazing how one or two personalities in key positions can effect the whole balance of an organisation and basically ruin it for the rest of the management/staff! I have been with the same company for 23 years and known these people for the majority of that time. Its amazing what an element of power does to some people. Arrogance is an understatement of how these guys operate. However, within time the business will suffer and so will their fortunes. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back