Do you want people to be able to smoke in pubs?

Do you want people to be able to smoke in pubs?

• Yes (I smoke).

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • No (I smoke).

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Yes (I don't smoke).

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • No (I don't smoke).

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back in the seventies most pubs around our area had smoking rooms with an extractor fan going to the outside,The rooms had a closing door with a glass panel with the words "SMOKING ROOM" ...So going back 30 years they had it right,

I put No and I smoke.

I don't smoke in the house - I go out into the garden if I want a fag and I must admit the smoking ban has made it safer to walk through a crowded pub without being at risk of some item of your clothing getting set alight! And I must admit, it can be quite sociable having to go outside for a fag - all the lepers together - you normally get chatting to some random stranger that you normally wouldn't have spoke to (though I have a tendancy of speaking to anyone!)

The biggest down side of the smoking ban is that now there is no smell of smoke in pubs and clubs, people's poor hygiene is more easily detected!

I quite like the idea of the smoking rooms - makes sense in some settings. The likes of your local where you normally get the old guys going in to meet up and have a pint and a fag - I feel sorry for them cos these poor old sods are having to get outside for a smoke - and going to the pub is often the only contact some old folk have with people.

I cannot stand smoking in eating areas whether it be pubs or restaurants. There was nothing worse than sitting down to your meal while somebody at the next table sparked up and sat there in a cloud of smoke.

I do however think it's ridiculous to complain about people smoking in the likes of a bus shelter!

The biggest down side of the smoking ban is that now there is no smell of smoke in pubs and clubs, people's poor hygiene is more easily detected!

I'm worried as to how you think it's a down side :eek:

can I recommend....

right-guard.jpg

:mrgreen:

I put yes and I am a non smoker. I now cannot seem to have a good conversation any more in the pubs now since this ban and I feel that it is affecting the trade like has been said.
I know it may be healthier but many people I know think it is a load of sh1te which I agree with totally.
I also think that people who complain about the smell on there clothes usually just want something to moan about.
I preferred it as it was.

The current government spoils everything traditional.

I am not saying scrap the ban but perhaps relax it a bit.

Regards

I now cannot seem to have a good conversation any more in the pubs now since this ban
I also think that people who complain about the smell on there clothes usually just want something to moan about.

I put yes and I am a non smoker. I now cannot seem to have a good conversation any more in the pubs now since this ban

So the people can't talk without blowing foul smoke all over you? What funny people you mix with.

Can't remember the last time that I actually went into a pub...possibly the one just around the corner that got shut down some time ago due to the tenants indulging in a spot of drug-dealing :eek:. There seem to be a lot less fireworks going off these days though....

Joe-90, use a bit of common sense. What I mean is I now have to keep getting off my seat in the pub to go outside with the others if I am in the middle of talking with them if they want a fag. Where I work there is often more drinkers outside then in the actual bar inside.

Softus, as for calling me moaning minnie, your the one that moans about the smell, all I am saying is a few true facts.

The smoking ban is sh1te and that is what I will always think!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back