Do you want people to be able to smoke in pubs?

• Yes (I smoke).

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • No (I smoke).

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Yes (I don't smoke).

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • No (I don't smoke).

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Banning smoking in pubs, clubs and restaurants is one of the best things to have happened in recent times and long overdue.

It will never be repealed so smokers should stop bleating and move on.

There are always choices in life:

1. Keep on smoking out in the rain and die before your time.

2. Give it up, spend the money on something else and live a longer happier life.

Difficult decision :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that most of the smokers here (me included) voted that they didn't want smoking in pubs - so nobody is bleating about it.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find that most of the smokers here (me included) voted that they didn't want smoking in pubs - so nobody is bleating about it.

There's always someone bleating about it and I think you've got the figures muddled...

Yes (I smoke).
19% [ 9 ]
No (I smoke).
12% [ 6 ]

Alison, Clitheroe also bleated --
What I mean is I now have to keep getting off my seat in the pub to go outside with the others if I am in the middle of talking with them if they want a fag. Where I work there is often more drinkers outside then in the actual bar inside.
Softus, as for calling me moaning minnie, your the one that moans about the smell, all I am saying is a few true facts.
The smoking ban is sh1te and that is what I will always think!!!!!!

Then again, he also wrote --
Joe-90, use a bit of common sense.
:eek:

I reckon he's smoking the same plant as you :LOL:

Oh I know - what I was meaning was that there could have been a bit more thought put into how the ban worked
I'm not sure that thinking would have helped - either there is a ban or there isn;t.

as it stands now, you have dozens of people standing outside the doors of pubs and clubs and that in itself could be a bit intimidating.
Hmm. The idea that some addicts with reduced lung and vascular capacity are somehow a latent threat isn't somethng I can take very seriously. I suppose they could try and steal a cigarette off me, like they do off each other?

My concern is a lot more selfish than joe-90's:- some of my income goes towards hospital care for tobacco addicts. I don't like that.

Also, some of their smoke ends up in my lungs. I don't like that.

Also, I (when I was employed) would be subsidising their productivity at work. I didn't like that.

Anything that reduces smoking is a good thing. I really don't mind if they get wet and cold - frankly, my preference would be to lightly but constantly waft the smell of vomit and/or dog crap over them, to make up for all the years that I've had smoke blown over me.

Sponsored Links
Softus, as for calling me moaning minnie, your the one that moans about the smell, all I am saying is a few true facts.
I've spent decades going to pubs without a word of complaint about the smoke, so I think I'm entitled to mention it when our government finally recognises what I always thought to myself.

Your "true facts" are not worth a great deal on this subject, because you're a chemical addict who doesn't have the will power to stop.

as a 30 a day man... no. I agree that people should not breath my smoke. I have no desire to quit so I will smoke to my hearts content in my home.

David

I doubt your heart will be content somehow.

That's fine as long as you have no partner and no kids.

I've spent decades going to pubs without a word of complaint about the smoke, so I think I'm entitled to mention it when our government finally recognises what I always thought to myself.

Your "true facts" are not worth a great deal on this subject, because you're a chemical addict who doesn't have the will power to stop.

A chemical addict??????Where do you get that one from??????!!!!!

If you are referring to smoking, then look at my post earlier on in the topic (and another topic on this subject I made myself a few months back) and you will find I am a non-smoker!!!

A chemical addict??????Where do you get that one from??????!!!!!

If you are referring to smoking, then look at my post earlier on in the topic (and another topic on this subject I made myself a few months back) and you will find I am a non-smoker!!!
Quite right - I retract that accusation and apolgise unreservedly.

On the subject of moaning about the smell, i.e. the accusation that you directed at me, please show me where I have done that.

On the subject of moaning about the smell, i.e. the accusation that you directed at me, please show me where I have done that.[/quote]

Monday August 11th 1:29 am. Regarding incinerating your clothes but that was for referring to me as moaning minnie, but regarding the smell it was referring to anybody really not you/just you

Sponsored Links
Back