Doctors threaten to quit NHS over shortage of protective kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you expect the government to magic this ppe from?

Johnson was told a month ago by President Xi the Chinese approach was working.
There wasnt any need to magic PPE from anywhere, just order it.

Your Daily Telegraph goggles makes you think Johnson is above criticism.

Sponsored Links
Johnson was told a month ago by President Xi the Chinese approach was working.

Your Daily Telegraph goggles makes you think Johnson is above criticism.
That may be so. Johnson is not above reproach. The vagueness of his direction last night on businesses continuing to operate has created huge confusion today.

That being said, the decision to government fund furloughed staff to 80% of their salaries (details to follow....) has allowed companies like mine to furlough staff and not make them redundant so that when this virus passes the country can resume normal operations ASAP.

Never the less, no country in the world was prepared to deal with a global pandemic and there will be a massive readjustment of expectations over the next 2 months with the nhs staff on the front line risking their lives and the woke generation snivelling over their shortages of quinoa and guacamole.

Last edited:

So why wasn't it ordered, and to neatly bring us full circle to my original post on this thread, who's job is it to order it?

Let me give you a little clue, I struggle to picture Boris sitting down to a cabinet meeting and declaring to the assembled, excuse me for five minutes gentlemen (and ladies), I've just got to make a call or two to order some facemasks for the NHS, the managers aren't capable of doing this.

So why wasn't it ordered, and to neatly bring us full circle to my original post on this thread, who's job is it to order it?

Let me give you a little clue, I struggle to picture Boris sitting down to a cabinet meeting and declaring to the assembled, excuse me for five minutes gentlemen (and ladies), I've just got to make a call or two to order some facemasks for the NHS, the managers aren't capable of doing this.

Youve just repeated the same strawman, making yourself look silly.

Sponsored Links
GL-GRAPHIC-CORONAVIRUS-symptoms-v2.jpg

Youve just repeated the same strawman, making yourself look silly.

If it were that silly, you'd be able to come up with some counter argument. You can't.
Join Galahad and call me names instead, it's far easier and requires no intelligence whatsoever.

It’s about time people realise that expectations of receiving everything they need or think they need no longer apply.

Where do you expect the government to magic this ppe from?

blaming cuts and politics makes no difference. If the ppe doesn’t exist, all the verbal hot air won’t help.

we have to make the best of what we’ve got. And yes, some people will die.
They say that in a crisis bad people become worse and good people become better.
In Italy 24 doctors lost their lives fighting this virus, they didnt have to die, they could have ****ed off and hid somewhere until it was all over.
The UK is on the same trajectory as Italy and some health workers will probably lose their lives all because of selfish bastards in this country just won't follow the rules.

Notch, just as a point of interest (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anything) about the chart you posted of Coronavirus symptoms. It seems that all viruses have all, or most, of those symptoms. When I have a bad cold, I get all those symptoms. Once or twice in my life I've been sure I've had influenza, because all of those symptoms were present but more severe and more prolonged. I've had chicken pox - also a virus; and that featured some, but not all of the symptoms. Common to all those diseases is high temperature (fever*), fatigue and muscle/joint pains.

Chicken pox doesn't have the coughs, sneezes and schits, but has, of course, the blisters. I once discussed these in-common virus symptoms with a doctor, and he told me that yes, this general condition caused by viruses is known as "Viraemia".

All over the world at any time, people will be in "Viraemia", some mild and some severe, but in the majority of cases it will be the common cold. How many of these cases of Viraemia are currently being wrongly attributed to Coronavirus I wonder?

*Fever is another Americanism. We used to say "high temperature".

the government
Here's what those on the front line have to say....

some doctors may feel they have no choice but to give up the profession they love, because they feel so abandoned by not being given the PPE that the World Health Organization recommends.

“That’s the travesty of this situation, that the government needs to protect frontline health workers and in return they will give 100%. But the government hasn’t kept its side of the bargain with NHS staff by not having enough PPE available to safeguard the health of doctors and nurses,” he said.

Read more

Not according to Galahad, no funds because of them nasty torys.

So tell me when did Rishi make funds available ? When was the budget?

Was it around early January when the WHO was informed? Was it later in Jan 23 when Hubei was locked down. Was it later in 31 Jan when we had our first case?

Did the money become available in February?

No, I’ve proven my ideas and my actions in reality and not just on an internet forum. All you want to do is criticise and moan. I want to know what you’ve actually done to help the country.

Wait on so you are doing nothing other than running your business, so how is that helping the country? You are asking for government help so in reality the Government is helping you out.

So when you do receive these funds who is taking money from the Government ?

Your actions are self preservation of your business, yeah very altruistic.

Repeating the same strawman argument. So tell me then why are we spending money on Brexit preparations? These Dept knew it was happening so they should have spent their own budgets. Why was money and direction made available?

Silly filly , add this to your list of nonsense points you rack them up fast.

Wait on so you are doing nothing other than running your business, so how is that helping the country? You are asking for government help so in reality the Government is helping you out.

So when you do receive these funds who is taking money from the Government ?

Your actions are self preservation of your business, yeah very altruistic.
Other than start work on a ventilator design, donating all our ffp3 masks and surplus hand sanitizer to our local hospital, put my hand in my own pocket to pay my staff and not take a salary myself until I know that the company will survive?

Clearly nothing.

So what have you done to help the country?

Other than start work on a ventilator design, donating all our ffp3 masks and surplus hand sanitizer to our local hospital, put my hand in my own pocket to pay my staff and not take a salary myself until I know that the company will survive?

Clearly nothing.

So what have you done to help the country?
Kicked his tenants out for not paying the rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back