Dodgy Sue

The speeding fine 'scandal isn't working as well as hoped for. Best sling a bit more mud, somethings got to stick.

Sponsored Links

Angela Rayner was branded "ludicrous" for forcing a Commons debate on Suella Braverman's speeding conviction today.

Why should celebrities be offered private speed awareness at the appropriate fee and not high profile politicians?
It is to avoid them distracting other people from the course. They are normally only requested by the provider of the courses, not the individuals.

Sponsored Links
The speeding fine 'scandal isn't working as well as hoped for. Best sling a bit more mud, somethings got to stick.

Can't open your link. But she is either above board or she isn't. Going on from her previous history I'd suspect she isn't. Probably a lot more to go yet. These type of things tend to be not solitary instance types

Apparently the request was via email so the nature of the request can be seen. If it were an example of: "is it allowed for me to have a private one, of so how do I do it?"

Then it's fairly minor and her asking a civil servant to do her own personal admin.

If she was insisting that she should be allowed to do it and that the Civil servant should make it happen then that's a different matter.

She wanted to be treated differently because of who she is, nobody is above the law. A one to one online or in person is just as likely to be recorded and leaked which is a separate civil/criminal offence. Avoiding adverse publicity is not the right of an ordinary citizen and shouldn't be for her. I’m still waiting for all the FPN spads who broke lockdown at number 10 to be named and shamed.

Blup
What a load of tripe!

Everybody can want to be treated differently, many will have asked for individual courses before and some places do offer them.
Tying to avoiding adverse publicity IS the right of every citizen, if they can prevent it they will and can try to do something about it.
IMO she has done no more than the average Karen would do.

She asked, she didn't get it so she paid up and took the points - end of.

Can't open your link

Suella Braverman has been accused of a fresh breach of the ministerial code for failing to declare years of previous work with the government of Rwanda despite the Government’s asylum deal with the country.

SNP MP Joanna Cherry, chair of the Joint Committee on Human Rights, questioned whether the Home Secretary’s “rosy eyed view” of Rwanda’s human rights record had “anything to do with her undisclosed links” to the East African nation’s government in Kigali.

She and her SNP frontbench colleague Kirsty Blackman said that Ms Braverman’s charity work in Rwanda should be included in any investigation into her alleged breaches of the ministerial code ordered by Rishi Sunak.

It added to the pressure on the Prime Minister to order an inquiry as he reportedly looks into emails in which officials raised concerns about Ms Braverman’s request for help last autumn to arrange a private speed awareness course for her, an alleged breach of the code.

MPs raised further concerns about the Home Secretary’s links to Rwanda during a Commons urgent question on the speed awareness course accusations.

It came after two former official standards chiefs told the Independent newspaper that Ms Braverman’s failure to disclose her co-founding with Cherie Blair of the Africa Justice Foundation, which trained Rwandan government lawyers between 2010, could be a breach of the ministerial code.

Sir Alistair Graham and Sir Alex Allan said Ms Braverman should have at least declared the work to senior Home Office officials given she has responsibility for the controversial policy of deporting asylum seekers to Rwanda.

The Independent reported that 19 of the lawyers trained by Ms Braverman’s charity now held positions in Paul Kagame’s Rwandan government and that some are involved in the Government’s £140m deal to send asylum seekers to the country.

Ms Cherry said: “I’ve been in correspondence with the Home Secretary about well evidenced human rights concerns in Rwanda and our committee’s concern about the plans to send asylum seekers there.

“The Home Secretary, I think it’s fair to say, seems to take a rather rosy eyed view of Rwanda’s human rights record.

“Does the minister think this has got anything to do with her undisclosed links to the Rwandan government?

Suella Braverman has been accused of a fresh breach of the ministerial code for failing to declare years of previous work with the government of Rwanda despite the Government’s asylum deal with the country.

SNP MP Joanna Cherry, chair of the Joint Committee on Human Rights, questioned whether the Home Secretary’s “rosy eyed view” of Rwanda’s human rights record had “anything to do with her undisclosed links” to the East African nation’s government in Kigali.

She and her SNP frontbench colleague Kirsty Blackman said that Ms Braverman’s charity work in Rwanda should be included in any investigation into her alleged breaches of the ministerial code ordered by Rishi Sunak.

It added to the pressure on the Prime Minister to order an inquiry as he reportedly looks into emails in which officials raised concerns about Ms Braverman’s request for help last autumn to arrange a private speed awareness course for her, an alleged breach of the code.

MPs raised further concerns about the Home Secretary’s links to Rwanda during a Commons urgent question on the speed awareness course accusations.

It came after two former official standards chiefs told the Independent newspaper that Ms Braverman’s failure to disclose her co-founding with Cherie Blair of the Africa Justice Foundation, which trained Rwandan government lawyers between 2010, could be a breach of the ministerial code.

Sir Alistair Graham and Sir Alex Allan said Ms Braverman should have at least declared the work to senior Home Office officials given she has responsibility for the controversial policy of deporting asylum seekers to Rwanda.

The Independent reported that 19 of the lawyers trained by Ms Braverman’s charity now held positions in Paul Kagame’s Rwandan government and that some are involved in the Government’s £140m deal to send asylum seekers to the country.

Ms Cherry said: “I’ve been in correspondence with the Home Secretary about well evidenced human rights concerns in Rwanda and our committee’s concern about the plans to send asylum seekers there.

“The Home Secretary, I think it’s fair to say, seems to take a rather rosy eyed view of Rwanda’s human rights record.

“Does the minister think this has got anything to do with her undisclosed links to the Rwandan government?
Unless I read that wrong it doesn't seem to put her in as good a light as you seem to suggest

as you seem to suggest

Eh?, I'm not suggesting anything dear, just linking to a story about her helping Cherie Blair to set up a charity in Rwanda which is now being flagged as a conflict of interest.

If it were a gold or tin mine, fair enough. But, a cheridy?

Sponsored Links
Back