Dogs Dirt!!!

One of the problems for shopkeepers is they need to apply for planning permission from the council to site a waste bin on the pavement outside the shop. If they ask the council to provide one there is a long process of meetings where more important matters are dealt with first. This can result in their request being shunted further and further down the agenda until they get a warning regarding the amount of litter outside their shop. Its a no-win situation sometimes. And even if they do get permission it is then up to Joe Public to use it, not the shop keepers.

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid that's the sort of thing I've come to expect from councils. I can only assume that they don't value entrepreneurship.

It's not so much the installation of such a recepticle, it's arranging for it to be emptied that's the expense.

It's not so much the installation of such a recepticle, it's arranging for it to be emptied that's the expense.

Yes, good point. And I can imagine it taking even longer for councils to arrange for the bin wagons to have an additional stop-off!

Sponsored Links
Of course another solution would be to ban dogs from anywhere other than the owners' houses, cars and designated enclosed areas within parks. There used to be such an area on the green opposite my house in chiswick when I was a youngster. Worked well as far as I can remember - we avoided playing football in there, but everywhere else was turd free.

OHH .....Very civilized conversation about dog crap.
But the very mention of Cat crap on my lawn, and the forum rips me a new a*sesole for complaining.

You couldn't make it up. :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, I apologise on behalf of cat owners such as myself who allow our feline friends to roam and dump elsewhere. As far as I can tell from observation, my own moggy seems to prefer to use our own garden for his ablutions.

When we come to replace the current beast, I shall endeavour to train him/her in the use of a litter.

OHH .....Very civilized conversation about dog crap.
But the very mention of Cat crap on my lawn, and the forum rips me a new a*sesole for complaining.

You couldn't make it up. :LOL: :LOL:

With respect, you miss the point. It's all down to owners. Dogs are (or should be) taken out on leads when they need to crap; cats can't be.

With respect, you miss the point. It's all down to owners. Dogs are (or should be) taken out on leads when they need to crap; cats can't be.

I've always said the blame is down to the owners whether they own cat or dog.

Both should be punished for irresponsible ownership.

Our dog, much prefers to be off the lead when I take him a walk, for his ablutions. However I keep him on it, unless it's late at night. At least twice a week I take him to local fields where he can run free, without the restriction of a lead, but I'm careful to follow and watch him so any mess is cleared up.
I must agree with most of you on here though, and the majority of the fault is down to irresponsible dog owners. ;) ;) ;)

Our dog, much prefers to be off the lead when I take him a walk, for his ablutions. However I keep him on it, unless it's late at night. At least twice a week I take him to local fields where he can run free, without the restriction of a lead, but I'm careful to follow and watch him so any mess is cleared up.
I must agree with most of you on here though, and the majority of the fault is down to irresponsible doe owners. ;) ;) ;)

Doh! A deer!

I've always said the blame is down to the owners whether they own cat or dog.

Both should be punished for irresponsible ownership.

So what are cat owners supposed to do? Scramble through bushes and leap over fences with a plastic bag at the ready? :LOL:

Worst ones are the dog walkers that just let up to a dozen dogs off the leash to do as they please while they pretend they can't see them crapping.

I'm gonna get myself a cage full of Spider Monkeys.
Make sure they know where home is, then let them loose on the population at nightime. Sh*t themselves silly on people's lawns, rip the gutters off their houses, that kind of thing. Then be let back indoors for a stroke in front of the telly.

Marvellous.

Owners fault or monkeys.?????

Sponsored Links
Back