Driving in Europe

I have no reason to think @JohnD licence is revoked, but also did not think my wife's licence had been revoked, not some thing you tend to check on.

My point is a country allowing one to drive in their country wants to be able to check your licence is valid, and as it stands that can't be done.

Years ago if you had a bit of paper saying you could drive, you could, today it is all on line, bits of paper mean nothing. Tax, insurance, MOT, and driving licence controlled by a goverment establishment which is that bad they allowed ¼ of their workers to catch Colvid19, when they should have been showing other establishments how to do it.

Sponsored Links
I have no reason to think @JohnD licence is revoked, but also did not think my wife's licence had been revoked, not some thing you tend to check on.

My point is a country allowing one to drive in their country wants to be able to check your licence is valid, and as it stands that can't be done.

Years ago if you had a bit of paper saying you could drive, you could, today it is all on line, bits of paper mean nothing. Tax, insurance, MOT, and driving licence controlled by a goverment establishment which is that bad they allowed ¼ of their workers to catch Colvid19, when they should have been showing other establishments how to do it.

Yes, as usual your fevered imagination has led you astray and you are talking nonsense.
Go ahead, prove me wrong, I can take it. If I got it wrong and you have moved locations, notified the DVLA and still have a paper license, just say so. Failing that, just keep swerving, spouting nonsense and changing the subject as you have done so far.

Sponsored Links
@Mottie you seem to have missed what I said, you can do all the on- line and paper exercises to change address thinking all has been done, my wife did, not until she was caught speeding did she know her licence had been revoked.

DVLA are simply not doing their job, and people simply don't know they have no licence until caught doing some thing wrong.

Only reason I have tried to get a photo licence is I have passed 70, it did seem when I started to change address I could retain paper version.

However even after telling DVLA of change of address both me and my wife, the internet check for licence simply says check details if I use correct post code, it only says licence expired if I enter old post code, so very likely @JohnD has done everything correctly, and what he says is also correct, and the DVLA have simply not got around to sending him the D801 form.

so very likely @JohnD has done everything correctly, and what he says is also correct, and the DVLA have simply not got around to sending him the D801 form.
Or it could be that he moves from one different temporary location to another, none of which require him to notify the DVLA of a change of address.

But he is such a petulant little child that he would rather carry on goading Mottie, and we will never know the truth. He and Mottie deserve each other. Sadly, the rest of us deserve neither of them. His behaviour verges on trolling.

Yes, contrary to project fear scare predictions. Oh, and I seem to remember a few banging on about our loss of the EHIC card. Technically true but it’s been replaced by the GHIC so again, another failed scare story.

So, green card not needed. Tick
IDP not really needed. Tick
Mobile roaming for most. Tick
No need for EHIC as replaced by GHIC. Tick

oh dear!

So your "Brexit dividends" are that so far, you've found a few things that are little or no worse than what we already had?

Wow...:rolleyes:

Six months is short term in my books and some of the problems regarding food shortages and inflation is nit just to do with Brexit. There is still a worldwide pandemic going on.

Empty shelves.png

And if Boris hadn’t taken the bull by the horns we'd still be having vote after court case after vote after court case. What a bunch of bad losers you remainers are. The country should have pulled together after the referendum and just got on with it.

This particular member of the country is busting his ass just trying to cope with the extra red tape that Brexit has dumped on us (you know, the stuff the Brexiteers told us there would be less of if we left). So what are YOU doing to "pull together"?

So your "Brexit dividends" are that so far, you've found a few things that are little or no worse than what we already had?

Wow...:rolleyes:
Not a dividend, just not happening like remoaners said they would.

Not a dividend, just not happening like remoaners said they would.

Leaving aside the fact that there seems to be some contention about that, I thought the whole idea f Brexit was that things would be better?

Leaving aside the fact that there seems to be some contention about that, I thought the whole idea f Brexit was that things would be better?
Leaving aside that we are 8 months into it, I’ll say again - Brexit is a long game, nothing that is happening now will be forever but you’ll just have to wait and see. I’ve likened it to a divorce - it’s painful, it’s expensive, it hurts but after a while, everything gets sorted. Eventually. You’ll just have to be patient. You’re in the car trade aren’t you? What Brexit red tape is bogging you down then?

Sponsored Links
Back