Dutch cheeses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Edam, Gouda, Emmentaal.

Are there any Dutch cheeses which do not look like, taste like and have the consistency of wax? And do not have holes in?

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
Edam, Gouda, Emmentaal.

Are there any Dutch cheeses which do not look like, taste like and have the consistency of wax? And do not have holes in?
That one is German I'm afraid ;)

Ever tried Leidse Kaas? And fresh cheese, any Dutch fresh cheese, doesn't taste like wax. (oh, BTW, you're not supposed to eat the waxed cover of the cheese :LOL: :LOL: )

WoodYouLike said:
notb665 said:
Edam, Gouda, Emmentaal.

That one is German I'm afraid ;)

I looked it up. Swiss, it seems.

Ah but, I have spelt it with a double 'a', and seen as that all Dutch words have a double 'a' in them somewhere (yes, all Dutch words), that means it's Dutch. I thang yow.

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
[
Ah but, I have spelt it with a double 'a', and seen as that all Dutch words have a double 'a' in them somewhere (yes, all Dutch words), that means it's Dutch. I thang yow.
Daank jaa waal, it should be then ;)
But seriously, proper Dutch cheese doesn't taste like wax. And I'm sorry you haven't been able (yet) to taste the creamy, rich flavour of Goudse Jonge or Goudse Jong-Belegen.
(Personally I don't care for 'Old' cheese, to dry)

Richardp said:
you forgot baby bell :D

That advert where the three on-their-way-to-middle-age men are in the plane about to parachute, and they are all scared, until a young, pretty, nubile blonde woman throws a BabyBel out and then they parachute. So the temptation of the cheese represents the temptation of which most middle aged men have, that of young women.

Or something.

The only decent cheese you can get in Holland is Kerrygold.

joe-90 said:
The only decent cheese you can get in Holland is Kerrygold.
This 'Dutch' one you mean ?
Seems to me you never ever had the pleasure of eating proper Dutch cheese.

cheese wiv holes in is great and nice frenchiefied bread and apple and some vermouth all together sitting on the grassy bank watching the tide little sailing boats and seagulls and seapinks, fluffy white clouds, nice! and a nice french lady wiv a smile and lots of white teeth.
I know! don't tell me!.........................hairy armpits :LOL:
cheese-holes.gif

just in case you don't know what cheese wiv holes in looks like

Sponsored Links
Back