Electrician wired bath to kill himself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A qualified electrician deliberately rigged up wiring to electrocute himself in a bath, an inquest heard.

David Revitt, 41, was found dead at his Bradford home by his former partner, Caron Brown, in July.

Electrical engineer Steve Thun, who examined the scene, told the hearing that he found two cables coming out of the bathroom wall, where a disconnected shower unit had been housed.

One of the cables, which had had the earth wire cut off, was fixed to a connector block from where two more wires wrapped around metal weights ran into the bath.

Asked by Coroner Roger Whittaker whether he thought the arrangement was an attempt at electrocution, Mr Thun replied: "There is no way you would introduce electricity into a bath for any other reason."

He said there were scorch marks on the bath and on the ends of the wires......

More

Sponsored Links
:eek: I would imagine that this is not a 'pleasant way to go'. I guess that he must have thought about this for some time otherwise I suspect he wouldn't have been so thorough in his method :(

The worst thing I saw regarding electrocution was when I was working in a mental health hospital. A chap had climbed an electricity pylon and threw himself over the cables. Unluckily for him he did not die instantly, and I won't go into too much detail, but his skin was basically 'melting' and dripping off his body while he was still alive :confused:

Sponsored Links
Qualified... Tch!!

He should have used an RCD and made sure the supplementary was up to scratch...

That’s quite an interesting question. Normally when you touch a live a cable the current flows to earth via the shortest route through the body. So if you’re standing on the ground and you touch a live cable it flows through your arm, through your body and down your leg.

Because the water is the earth and its touching most of your body the current flow would be very high through all parts of your body so personally I would have thought death would be quite quick, but how quick I’m not sure.

Some time ago I had a shock left hand to right hand I was unconscious in less than 20 seconds so based on that it could be very quick.

I would also think that it’s an extremely painful way of dieing; anyone who’s had a big shock will know what I mean :cry:

what an awful way to top one self .....:( :(

an I believe is on par with hanging if anyone has seen the new season of Sopranos ,a guy in it hung himself an its a brutal way to die ,not at all quick ....

If I was planning it , it would be drink an drugs

Moz said:
...if anyone has seen the new season of Sopranos...
Oh triffic. Thanks for that Moz. Do you want to give any other details away to people who are looking to watching it for themselves?

Have a heart Moz!

If he'd used an RCD he wouldn't have killed himself, more care needs to be used when wiring as it can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

Sponsored Links
Back