EU holidays still on the amber list.

Brexit...

The gift that keeps on giving!

Those that wanted it must be happy so look on the bright side. Around 1/2 the population should be ecstatically happy now. Might cheer us all up as happiness usually rubs off.

Sponsored Links
Whilst looking through the travel section of the paper yesterday, I saw some offers for holidays on the Isle of Wight. One company even offered 'Free car ferry', Now where the hell would I put that?, I only have a small garden.

Some one on the news in Cornwall said that people are paying £8k for 2 weeks in a caravan.

One of Filly's mates probably owns the site. Might even be him.

Some one on the news in Cornwall said that people are paying £8k for 2 weeks in a caravan.

One of Filly's mates probably owns the site. Might even be him.

There are certainly people profiteering, I've heard of holiday lets doubling in price.
Pentewan Sands which is nearby was advertising a large caravan for £1500 a week in August which shocked me, I thought they were about 500 quid a week but I don't follow the prices too closely, obviously cheaper outside the school holidays.

Two problems I forsee, rip people off for 2 seasons in a row and the season after that will be dire, Spain and Portugal will look very cheap. The other problem is local hostility towards holidaymakers, they've had the place to themselves for a while now and they aren't happy about sharing it with outsiders again, the local press are stirring division in this department as well, headline stories tend to be 'beach crowded' or 'house in St Ives sells for £500K, probably to a Londoner'.

Sponsored Links
Last year I attended a bull fight during a holiday in Spain. I went with an open mind, but I can honestly say I've never been so appalled and upset by an event in all my life. It was £10 to get in, another £2 for a can of coke, and I was sat so far at the back I couldn't see the cows getting stabbed.

Last year I attended a bull fight during a holiday in Spain. I went with an open mind, but I can honestly say I've never been so appalled and upset by an event in all my life. It was £10 to get in, another £2 for a can of coke, and I was sat so far at the back I couldn't see the cows getting stabbed.
I'd pay £100 (and skip the coke) for front row seats to see politicians fed to the bulls (y)

Some of my friends are quite frankly getting fed up with paying £7 for a beer, £4 for a cup of tea, £9 for a bacon sandwich plus over the top parking fees. I told them, if you feel like that, don’t visit me any more.

There are certainly people profiteering, I've heard of holiday lets doubling in price.
Pentewan Sands which is nearby was advertising a large caravan for £1500 a week in August which shocked me, I thought they were about 500 quid a week but I don't follow the prices too closely, obviously cheaper outside the school holidays.

Two problems I forsee, rip people off for 2 seasons in a row and the season after that will be dire, Spain and Portugal will look very cheap. The other problem is local hostility towards holidaymakers, they've had the place to themselves for a while now and they aren't happy about sharing it with outsiders again, the local press are stirring division in this department as well, headline stories tend to be 'beach crowded' or 'house in St Ives sells for £500K, probably to a Londoner'.
Emmits

Portugal slams UK decision to leave it off quarantine list as 'absurd'
Spain: Canary Islands ‘should have a different treatment’ - green list decision slammed
Benidorm mayor slams UK holiday green list as ‘incomprehensible’ as Brit tourists face 10 days isolation

So not the EU then....

I can personally confirm imports are a problem at the moment.

Recently the majority of our work has been on European engines, and they've been a nightmare obtaining parts going through the import process. It's cost us quite a large fortune in additional fees.
The business I work in is doing great, covid and brexit seem to have done us good[/QUOTE

My point was that many of the European countries that are more than happy to stop buying and selling from us
Please cite expressions of happiness from these countries about the loss of trade.

Or will this be yet another in a very long list of nonsense claims from you?

My point was that many of the European countries that are more than happy to stop buying and selling from us are now whinging that they are missing the British tourist trade and their luvvly jubbly money. Can’t have it both ways or so I’ve been told.
I found this little piece on bullmanure by Harry G. Frankfurt, and his definition: “Speech intended to persuade without regard to truth.”
It describes Mottie's and transam's and others' comments quite explicitly. It's worth reading the short article. I haven't read the book, so can't judge it.
Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true.
They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant. Frankfurt concludes that although bullshit can take many innocent forms, excessive indulgence in it can eventually undermine the practitioner’s capacity to tell the truth in a way that lying does not. Liars at least acknowledge that it matters what is true. By virtue of this, Frankfurt writes, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.
https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691122946/on-bullshit

Sponsored Links
Back